Canberra Meetup.

I don't know Mic, sounds like a smother to me. The secret handshakes and goat riding can't be far away mate! :eek:

Lucky this cult isn't taking place in South Australia (Home state of Serial Killers) the Feds would be infiltrating it poste-haste.... :D

You don't drive around in black vans down in pollyville do you?

:cool:

They don't drive anything in Pollyville they all have Com cars with drivers.

Just jealous of our good roads with all the round abouts :) and Mic its more like call in the consultants :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

A public servant was on his way home from work in Canberra and as traffic came to a dead halt he thought to himself, “This is unusual.”

He noticed a police officer walking between the lines of stopped cars, so he rolled down his window and asked, “Officer, what’s the hold-up?”

The officer replied, "Tony Abbott is depressed, so he stopped his motorcade and is threatening to douse himself with petrol and set himself on fire. So we’re taking up a collection for him.”

The public servant asks, “How much have you got so far?”

The officer replies, “About 250 litres, but there still a lot of people siphoning.”

:eek:

Sent from my ZZ10,000,001 using Two canned pear tins and taut string-talk

Edited by rabbitoh_777
left a 'T' orf his Majesty

Stop kidding around. :p

Lol... Touche!

One of my favourite descriptions from Facebook of some of the goings on down in the "territory".

Sarah Luscombe: I like Canberra, but it's a bit weird, very different from our outer beachside suburb of Hallett Cove.

When I was 19, my friend and I went to Canberra to visit her boyfriend who had moved there for a job. We stayed at his house, where his house-mate had lots of strange things;

1) his house smelt sickly sweet like honey because he had quite a few bee hives in his yard in order to cultivate and sell honey, and there were millions of pots of honey all over the kitchen benches so you couldn't actually use the benches.

2) He had a drake in his yard, called Drakey, who attacked you if you walked outside and he ate thongs. Drakey was flipping scary, and you had to dodge him to get to the sauna outside.

3) You could go in the sauna, but you had to watch out for duck poo in there and it was bloody freezing when you walked out.

4) We were too young to hire a car but we wanted to go horse riding. So we caught a taxi, but it cost $150 to get to the horse riding place and then $150 on the way home. That really sucked, we were just silent and sick when we looked at the fare.

5) The bus shelters look weird, like spaceships. It's just a strange place.

April 10, 2012 at 4:26am

Now Mic about that next cult get together may I suggest the Twilight zone as the theme music? :eek:

But kook at the time she posted. Obviously high on coastal mushrooms lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Lots of lead and mercury in the soil at Hallett Cove due to the old refinery just south so the wind would blow all the contaminants over the suburb. The highest incidence of Asthma in SA is in Hallett Cove (or it was 20 years ago).:(

Edited by MicCanberra

• 1 month later...
We are back from our adventures and looking forward to the meet up on Saturday.:D

Apologies again from me, my son is down for the weekend from Sydney, birthdays and mothers day.

Enjoy the meet up.

Edited by NSWP

Greetings from Sri Lanka.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Miss you all

Raina

(I'm doing a live blog of my trip if anyone is interested.......http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46487775&posted=1#post46487775

Rhapsody Singapore to Istanbul).

Well a few less people this time for the meet up. I suspect Mothers Day was one reason why some people could not make it.

Anyway, next meeting will likely be in 2 months time (July).

Yes, sorry we couldn't make it, lots going on over the weekend and unexpected baby sitting duties thrown in. Hopefully we will make July, we are moving house that month so as long as it doesn't conflict with the moving weekend we will be there :)

Yes, sorry we couldn't make it, lots going on over the weekend and unexpected baby sitting duties thrown in. Hopefully we will make July, we are moving house that month so as long as it doesn't conflict with the moving weekend we will be there :)

No worries, good luck with the move.

It is likely to be on the 11th of July as that is the 2nd Saturday.:D