Canberra Meetup.

Do you need to be a member to get in? And where abouts in the club?

Alexandria Drive is the road that runs around the lake near Yarralumla. The Yacht club is on Mariner Pl up near the Albert Hall end. :D

Im hopping Mic is a member since he suggested it.

R

Hahahah. :D

There is a really nice bar on the starboard side when looking at the water. But that's all I know.

Mic might fill us in when he gets back from our 4 day Voyager voyage.

Raina

Yes, I will check it out on my return.

As for what is inside the club, it has been a while since I was there last. You do need to be a member but can also be signed in. Membership is cheap and we are likely to return again before the year is out.:D

Yes, I will check it out on my return.

As for what is inside the club, it has been a while since I was there last. You do need to be a member but can also be signed in. Membership is cheap and we are likely to return again before the year is out.:D

If you are a member of the Southern Cross Club it gives you membership to all 5 venues. Definitely worth becoming a member I think.

Edited by suzbro

Glad to hear the meet up went well. Hope to be at the next one SX Yacht club, does one have be attired in formal clothing like formal night on QM2? Sounds a posh club, unlike my golf club some of you Canberrans would have been to http://www.clubcatalina.com.au

I have submitted an application in triplicate re ACT Cruisers.

Ooo Roo from the Canberra Costa Brava.

Sorry I wasn't able to come to the first meet up - will keep a sharp eye out for the second one though may be away for work again :(.

CSCC is not quite up to the lofty dress of QM2 - think shirt and shoes would probably do it :D

Oh how I miss the heady formal nights on QM2 - calling Pushka time for a cruise next year :)

Bummer - just reading this thread now! :-( Oh well, thats teaches me for not looking at CC for a while!

And I already have another committement on the 14th March, so cant make that get together either. I have joined up with the FB group though so hopefully can make the next one.

Cheers,

Rebecca

SX club membership does get you into all the clubs.

Very sorry for those that cannot make the next meet up, and especially for those who have not made either one.

A heads up that it will be the 2nd Saturday of each month, with a venue to be decided for each month.:D

So do we contact someone for us locals who are not members when we turn up to be signed in?

Uncle Tony Abbott will sign you in mate, Tony would be a member of that elite watering hole, for sure and true.

He doesn't even stay there, he uses the AFP dorms at Barton, the lodge is being renovated still/again.

Renovating The Lodge seems to be bit like painting the Harbour Bridge, isn't it of late, no sooner finish than start all over again