New stops,but concerned

billcrooz

billcrooz,

Look at http://ports.cruisett.com/ then you have to choose the country and the port city, then choose the month. This site will tell you which cruise ships are due in each port everyday of the month... although I don't see any listings for Silversea at all. At least all the BIG guys are listed, so you'll know who the competition is - and they also tell you how many people are on the ships in port.

I will be getting off the Spirit the day you get on...;)

Jen

I'm looking at 2 new stops on the 12/ 04/ Spirit in the Caribbean .they look like the Princess and Royal Caribbean venues. Will be mingling with 5000 others?

Bill - why would you do that? Wait until Cloud 1/5 - bridge cruise - and Fran can play with Winnie. ;)

Bill - why would you do that? Wait until Cloud 1/5 - bridge cruise - and Fran can play with Winnie. ;)

Well Maryann,one of the reasons is the price is so low,and also we might be in Jupiter for Thanks giving, but just perusing for now

Never mind Princess and Royal Caribbean, in Nassau (always a dump) you'll be mixing with 7,652 (ish) Carnival and NCL cruisers - that'll probably be the worst day.

at least you can go to Paradise Island...and make a fortune! as Tony Bennett said " Take my hand I'm a stranger in Paradise!!

I just checked the schedule which I assume is subject to change. In Falmouth, a MSC ship will be there the same day. In Princess Cay, the Spirit is the only ship scheduled so far.

From what I understand Falmouth is a "manufactured port" with bars and restaurants. Not a lot to do there besides excursions. Could be a "virtual" sea day.

In Grand Cayman, we are the only ship scheduled...which is great if it stays that way. But it is a Sunday.

At least you are spared St Thomas where there are quite often over 20,000 cruisers visiting in one day.

P.S. Don't get me wrong - I love the caribbean and cruise there a lot but it is what it is, you just have to work around it.

Edited by jollyjones

billcrooz' date='

Look at http://ports.cruisett.com/ then you have to choose the country and the port city, then choose the month. This site will tell you which cruise ships are due in each port everyday of the month... although I don't see any listings for Silversea at all. At least all the BIG guys are listed, so you'll know who the competition is - and they also tell you how many people are on the ships in port.

I will be getting off the Spirit the day you get on...;)

Jen[/quote']

This is a very useful site, however, they do not show the small lines like Silversea, Seabourn, etc. But it does give you a good look at where the big boys are at.