Oasis or Allure in the summer....

I'm considering a cruise on either the Oasis or Allure during the summer. Are they horribly crowded - lines everywhere - or are they bearable during the summer? Do they crowds ease up on board during port days? Please tell me if I'm crazy to consider summer. Thanks!

Edited by Donna_In_India

I don't think that summer matters. The ship sails full year-round. When schools here are in session, you get kids from South America or Europe onboard.

We traveled on Allure during the summer. Truthfully, it seemed less crowded than any other ship we've been on. The only time we found bottlenecked crowds are at the Windjammer on embarkation day, when the muster drill ended, and when the shows got out. (Totally understandable and expected). Otherwise, we felt that the people are well-dispersed. The neighborhood concept seems to be an effective crowd regulator. We never had problems finding loungers by one of the pools. The only place I thought was too small was the solarium pool - very tiny for the amount of adults that utilize it (but we were always able to find a seat in the upper level of the solarium area).

....of the airfare & hotel.

Oasis goes on Saturday, Allure Sunday. We fly from the Westcoast and go a day early to get over jetlag. Sailing on Saturday was way better for us.

Do not know if that is an issue for you.

We are older & have sailed in the summer. Those ships are so big that we never encountered any trouble with kids.

I'm considering a cruise on either the Oasis or Allure during the summer. Are they horribly crowded - lines everywhere - or are they bearable during the summer? Do they crowds ease up on board during port days? Please tell me if I'm crazy to consider summer. Thanks!

Allure is in the Med next summer. Not sure about Oasis

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have sailed the Allure 4 times, once in the summer with 6300 passengers. It was not crowded where we were. We had a Central Park balcony which was noisy from all the kids at the pools above us. The only line was for formal night pictures. Also, it was crowded at the parades in the Promenade.