Halifax shore excursions

Joyful01

I'm looking for "must do" activities when I visit Halifax on my Silverseas cruise in October. What do you recommend?;)

No need to start seven threads for every port stop. Suggest you simply go to the appropriate ports of call forum and start reading, look at the excursions offered by your cruise line, which gives you a good idea of what there is to do, join your roll call, get a guidebook and start reading, or go to a site such as Tripadvisor.com and look in the appropriate forum for your stops. There is always a "things to do" listing on Tripadvisor.

Edited by 6rugrats

Here is a link to the Canada Ports of Call Forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=39

I have been to all the ports about which you are inquiring and enjoyed many, many visits. Peggy's Cove is not necessarily high on my list of things to see but that is just me.

Peggy's Cove is not necessarily high on my list of things to see but that is just me.

I agree! There are lots of New England/Canada villages that are much more picturesque, in my opinion. But I did enjoy the bagpiper who was playing when I visited Peggy's Cove.

There's a lot to see in walking distance--the Public Garden, Citadel, Parliament, Maritime Museum (with its Titanic artifacts), and brewery. Those are the sights we visited on our first cruise stop to Halifax. On the second one, we rented a car to drive to Peggy's Cove and several other villages. We stopped by the cemetery to see the Titanic graves on the way back.

We have reserved a car in Halifax. Looking for one couple to join us and share expenses for independent trip to Peggy's Cove, Fisherman's Cove, Swissair Memorial and Halifax.

The place to post any request for tour sharing is on the Roll Call for your cruise - it's discouraged (may be against the CC rules?) anywhere else. (See the "Sticky" at the top of the page in the 'Ask a Cruise Question' section.) Go to the Roll Call section on the Home Page, find your cruise line, then your ship, then your sailing date. Tour sharing is one of the major topics of conversation in roll calls, so you should have some luck there.

Edited by Kartgv

We have reserved a car in Halifax. Looking for one couple to join us and share expenses for independent trip to Peggy's Cove, Fisherman's Cove, Swissair Memorial and Halifax.

Be sure to say the date you will be in Halifax. :)