Balcony Newbie wanting YOUR Tips & Must Do's!

LiveLAUGHLove21

We're cruising this October in our first balcony on the Breeze! We're on deck 8 (Verandah deck I believe). We MAY upgrade to a spa balcony if the price drops ;)

I want to know anything and everything I can about having a balcony and I want your tips, suggestions, "must dos" so I can be sure to thoroughly enjoy it! :D

Thanks ya'll-------- HAPPY CRUISING!!!!!!!!!:p

My first and only balcony was an 8k on the legend. This balcony was the size of three regular balconies. This balcony had two lounger two chairs two tables and room to dance. From what I hear these are coveted cabins. I think I'm spoiled as my next cruise is on a regular balcony!!

@Toddlangford- Glad you will find it useful too! I was just waiting to get blasted by the folks who say "there's already a thread about this", BUT I looked and couldn't find it!

@kakarp- THANK YOU! I started this thread with this thought in the back of my mind..."didn't I read something about a bungee cord??" :)

@ladyprof- AWESOME idea!!! I'm doing this!

@wettoes- great idea, never thought about binoculars!

Thanks EVERYONE! I can't wait to read MORE ;)

Bring a short bunge cord. About 18 inchs., to hold you balcony door open especially at night at listen to the waves. Hook one end the door handle and the other to the balcony divider beam.

Or, what we found to be even BETTER, just use the doorstop that your room steward uses when servicing the room. Works like a charm in the opening of the door, and one less thing you need to drag along. You are going to LOVE the Breeze. Beautiful ship......Bon Voyage!!!!:D:D:D:D

One of my favorite things to do is order coffee and Danish rolls from room service to be delivered in the morning. It's a great way to start the day. Sit out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and a couple of sweet rolls before heading out to breakfast.:)

We're cruising this October in our first balcony on the Breeze! We're on deck 8 (Verandah deck I believe). We MAY upgrade to a spa balcony if the price drops ;)

I want to know anything and everything I can about having a balcony and I want your tips, suggestions, "must dos" so I can be sure to thoroughly enjoy it! :D

Thanks ya'll-------- HAPPY CRUISING!!!!!!!!!:p

Great thread - thanks for starting this... I am also going to be in my first balcony cabin on the Dream in November AND on the verandah deck.. so I am very interested in reading your replies ! :)

Oh I forgot you have to join the balcony club as I did on my honeymoon!! Lol

Next cruise, my first balcony: Currently in negotiations with DW regarding scope and definition of minimum requirements of activities/duration to attain "balcony club" status. REALITY CHECK: DS and DIL will occupy adjacent connecting balcony, probability of attainment estimate falls to approx 10%. Maybe next time..;)

:o

Bring binoculars for those times when you're just 'hanging out' on the balcony.

We also like our coffee on the balcony. Catch a sunrise/sunset.

Hope you have a great time.

Last cruise we didn't take binoculars, we will this time. Also a GPS so we have an idea of where we are. The bungee cord works great! Love to have morning coffee on the balcony and also seeing the sunrise/sunsets. Beautiful way to relax and enjoy each others company.

One of my favorite things to do is order coffee and Danish rolls from room service to be delivered in the morning. It's a great way to start the day. Sit out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and a couple of sweet rolls before heading out to breakfast.:)

I plan to do this very thing every morning starting in about 2 1/2 weeks! My first balcony too! I'm very excited about it and plan to enjoy every minute. :D

As this coming cruise will be our 4th Balcony (only our first cruise wasn't), I agree with coffee in the morning. This year will be different, as we are on Lido, so closer to buffet and coffee. Relaxing is also near the top of the list! Enjoy:)

Archived