How much to upgrade Classic to Premium?

bryanjaync

• 2 weeks later...

We got a beverage package with our booking, our first time with Celebrity so if we want to upgrade to premium, do we have to wait until onboard as the booking is through a Travel Agent not Celebrity and when I logged into the Celebrity site just now its saying all enquires for the booking have to go to the TA?.

Also does can anyone who also makes booking though a TA tell me is it normal for Celebrity to refer you back to the TA for any questions as I can also see the Beverage package and OBC does not show up on the Celebrity website log in, only that our booking is confirmed and cabin number.

Will call the TA tomorrow but there confirmation does show all the 123 GO in there booking, but is strange (to me anyway) why the official website booking does not show this.

You can upgrade to premium yourself even if you booked through a TA. Just call the same number as you would for specially dinner reservations, will be on their website.

Here is the number: 1-800-722-5941

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

If you have OBC best wait and do it on board. You will get a sticker on your card.

Otherwise it doesn't really matter unless:

If you don't and you are from Canada, do it ahead of time and benefit from the advantages rate of exchange that Celebrity offers.

After reading these boards, I was SURE I was going to upgrade my package once I got on board.

I never ended up upgrading. I am mostly a vodka drinker, and I found Ketel One to be fine for my needs.

I still had access to all the bottled water, sodas, Arizona Iced Teas and specialty coffee I could drink. I didn't have vitamin waters or red bulls, but those are things that I don't regularly drink anyway.

Also, if I saw a drink that looked good, but was made with "premium" liquor, I would ask if they could make it "classic" and they would just alter the booze from Grey Goose to Ketel.

I attached a list of the premium/classic drink options.

ImageUploadedByForums1419206327.153771.jpg.832ae7a537a6c452e63121c5f922a144.jpg

Have to agree with the previous poster. For our last two Caribbean cruises (14 day Eclipse voyages) we booked with the 1-2-3 and had the Classic Drink Package. Both DW and moi do enjoy adult beverages ranging from beer, cocktails, martinis, wine, cognac, etc. Our normal bar bill on a cruise would be about $60 a day (total cost per couple). Although we keep thinking about upgrading to the Premium Package, we have trouble justifying the extra $23 per day cost (for 2). DW loves her Cosmos, but is quite happy with the Absolut Vodka that is included with the Classic Package. While I enjoy single malt scotches, I can be content with the Glenfiddich that is included with the Classic Package. As to beer, although I would prefer some of the beers on the Premium Package, I can easily live with the Classic offerings (DWs favorite beer is Corona which is on the Classic). The one area I would prefer Premium is when it comes to Cognac, but even that package only covers VSOPs (I generally drink XOs at home). As to the wine by the glass in the dining room, we are not really overly impressed with any of the offerings (on either package) although we would enjoy the Sauvignon Blanc on the Premium. In the end, we have found better things to do with the $322 it would cost us both to upgrade. Perhaps in the future we will upgrade.... DW and I would probably have some fun in the Molecular Bar with the upgrade, but we could have a few drinks there with the Classic Package and simply pay the tab. This would still cost us far less then the $322 upgrade cost.

Hank

You really need to drink an awful lot to make a drink package worthwhile. I am just back from 2 weeks on the Solstice and my bar bill was about a third of the classic package. I was in a large group and we all decided against buying a package and none of us came close to drinking the cost of the classic package.

Remember, you'll be ashore often and not in a position to use the package.

You really need to drink an awful lot to make a drink package worthwhile. I am just back from 2 weeks on the Solstice and my bar bill was about a third of the classic package. I was in a large group and we all decided against buying a package and none of us came close to drinking the cost of the classic package.

The OP is getting the classic package as a perk so there is no out of pocket cost as long as they don't up grade.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Cannot find this on the site, for a 7 night cruise, how much to upgrade from the Classic to the Premium drink package

Below is a link to a list of liquor brands that are available under each package which I'm sure are subject to change.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

If the link doesn't work It can be found on the Celebrity website under the Tab On board and by clicking on Beverage Packages. Click on Premium and Classic Beverage Packages and scroll down to the bottom to the link under Premium Package. There are about four pages of both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages listed under each plan. At the top of Premium package it states that there is a $10 per night fee to up grade to the Premium package. At the bottom of page 4 there is a disclaimer that includes the 15% gratuity which brings the price up to $11.50 per night.

You will need to drink a lot if you stick to the normal Jack & coke like you have at home. If you look at it in representation of price of drinks you get more freedom.

My wife and I were on the Reflection in Oct with the Premium package. $60/day pp. My wife is a wine drinker. $14/glass would not be covered by the Classic package. 4 of those glasses in 1 day pays for the package. Not to mention waters, red bulls, coffees, Molecular Bar items at $13/ea.

Plus, with the Premium package, you only get charged the difference in price if you order something outside of your package. With the Classic package you get charged the full price.

To me, it's paying for convenience. I don't have to worry about what I want to order. I'm on vacation and I enjoy it. I know it's something I want so I just budget it in with the total cost. In Oct we were $50 shy(best estimation from averaging the $0.00s on the final bill) in spending the full amount for the package. I chalk that $50 up to not having to be concerned on the boat about a final bar tab for 12 nights.