Paying past the due date?

Legion103

If I book a Breakaway cruise now, final payment is due in a week...AUG 4th...which I can't make...is there anyway around this?

I would have to say no. Hold off and book when you are ready, but you never know with prices and cabin selections, you may get lucky

I've never done so so wouldn't know the consequences, but I notice many (maybe all) of my cc's have a link to change payment due date. I don't think it's referring to an extension, but to a new billing cycle. May be worth asking about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would say no way.

Don't forget you will also have the $12 per day per person charge. And numerous other charges. Not sure how you are getting to ship and have airfare or parking charges as well.

Cruising is not cheap.

I would prepay them

If cash flow is your problem, why would you prepay anything you do not have to? Can you afford the minimum credit card payment? Added expense may be cc interest, does that make it worth it?

If you booked through a TA there might be some leeway.

Each agency can have its own payment date usually a bit ahead of NCLs official (for your sailing) date. That is a buffer to allow for delay in confirmation from their clients; mistakes; invalid, voided, out-of-date CC cards; etc

If the final payment date you are referring to is the contracted one with NCL then that is date you must meet.

Sounds like things are tight on the CC or other CC problems. Even if you forgo other pre-payments they would have to be done in 60+ or so days. If there is a possibility that you will not be able to make those payments and so have to cancel the cruise at some point you're a lot better off doing that now before final payment and penalties kick in. Think of what you can do with having that deposit refunded.

I would just book when you can afford to pay all of it. You never know, maybe the rates will drop in a month and you could end up getting a better offer. Just keep watching those rates, it will all work out. Do not book if you can't meet the deadline.

Edited by Siora7777