Transportation from a Sea/Tac to Seattle Downtown

Caddy928

which car service can't accommodate 4 ?

Ā 

STILA has the airport contract so they're staged right in the airport garage; they have different sized vehicles. Last time I checked, their sign by the kiosk said $45 to downtown. Call and ask about the specifics of that price. When you have collected your luggage, you call them from the courtesy phone and they'll pick you up at the curb in minutes.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/default.aspx

Ā 

I've had good luck with http://www.flatrateforhire.com but I travel solo so they send a PRIUS. Only $30 to downtown, a bit more for a minivan. Call and ask if they can accommodate you.

Ā 

Otherwise shuttlexpress.com has scheduled service into town ; I think it's on the hour and costs $20pp

If you can easily manage your luggage, the cheapest option is the Light Rail. $3 pp, and 40 minutes from SeaTac to Westlake Center downtown.

Ā 

The reason you need to be able to manage your luggage; it's a 7-10 minute walk thru the airport garage to the light rail station. and another walk out of Westlake tunnel. I used it a few times last summer ... I had 1 wheeled case and my daypack. It was easy.

your best bet is still STILA. Just tell them you have 4 people and 4 cases and they will send the appropriate car. I use lincoln type cars all the time and most times 3 cases would fit in the trunk and perhaps one next to the driver. A small limo from Stila is the same as a towncar.

4 Adults and 4 pieces of luggage.. Town car company states car not big enough. Suggestions? SUV is pricey. Any coupons?

Ā 

We used Century Town Car for airport to hotel at Christmas time and were very happy.

Ā 

They have 3 car sizes so the middle one may work for you.

Shuttle service can easily accommodate you. I think it's around $13 per person, so it's a little on the pricy side. You could take the light rail. I have done it from SEA to downtown, but the walk to the station at SEA is a bit of a hassle. Similarly, getting from downtown station to your final destination might also be a pain in the butt.

• 2 weeks later...

We need transport from airport to hotel, hotel to pier, and pier to airport - all on different days! Can we just get a taxi each of those trips or am I missing something? Are taxis not the done thing? Too expensive?

I am also interested in the light railway. Is there more information?

I just got a quote from Seattle Express and I thought they gave me a very good price. Booked them for two different cruises including SeaTac to hotel, hotel to train station, hotel to pier and pier back to SeaTac.

Same here. $12 each way between SeaTac and the pier. Kids are 1/2 price and you don't pay until you board the shuttle. They told me they could accommodate my mom's wheelchair too.

Same here. $12 each way between SeaTac and the pier. Kids are 1/2 price and you don't pay until you board the shuttle. They told me they could accommodate my mom's wheelchair too.

Ā 

Are you sure ? Seattle Express has never had service from SeaTac to the pier in the past nor does their web site indicate such service. Shuttle Express has this route

Seattle Express only takes passengers from partner hotels to the pier. After the cruise they drop off at SeaTac and partner hotels.

why ?

Ā 

Because I don't want to haul my luggage from the airport to the light rail station, and then not have door to door service to my hotel.

Ā 

The light rail is neat, but in my opinion not for getting from the airport to a downtown hotel. Others will surely disagree with me, but that's is how I feel about it.:)

Are you sure ? Seattle Express has never had service from SeaTac to the pier in the past nor does their web site indicate such service. Shuttle Express has this route

Ā 

Seattle Express only takes passengers from partner hotels to the pier. After the cruise they drop off at SeaTac and partner hotels.

Ā 

Ā 

You are correct. I will be at one of the partner hotels neighboring Sea-Tac pre-cruise: Best Western Airport Executel at Sea-Tac, so they'll pick us up there and return us to the airport after the cruise.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct. I will be at one of the partner hotels neighboring Sea-Tac pre-cruise: Best Western Airport Executel at Sea-Tac, so they'll pick us up there and return us to the airport after the cruise.

Ā 

Thanks for clarifying. Things change so I thought I'd better ask. That's a good price. Have a great trip!

Because I don't want to haul my luggage from the airport to the light rail station, and then not have door to door service to my hotel.

Ā 

The light rail is neat, but in my opinion not for getting from the airport to a downtown hotel. Others will surely disagree with me, but that's is how I feel about it.:)

Yes, that can be a pain. Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the info! I actually was just planning on light railing it to the pier from my hotel and then back. We are actually staying at two different Ramada's. The nicer one for two nights and the cheaper one for the night. I was quoted $12. p/p each way. I think that is a great price considering it's door to door.

Ā 

We are going to do the light rail on our exploration day, cool way to see the city (I guess)! LOL.

Thanks guys for the info! I actually was just planning on light railing it to the pier from my hotel and then back. We are actually staying at two different Ramada's. The nicer one for two nights and the cheaper one for the night. I was quoted $12. p/p each way. I think that is a great price considering it's door to door.

Ā 

The Light Rail doesn't extend to either pier. It goes from SeaTac to downtown (Westlake Center). Once it arrives in Seattle just after the stadiums, it's underground in the tunnel which is an interesting experience in itself but you won't SEE the city.

http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail

Ā 

Is your $12 fare from downtown to pier66? If so, a cab might be cheaper especially if there are 3+ passengers. Maybe $15. http://www.flatrateforhire.com

I think they're $30 from SeaTac to downtown.

The Light Rail doesn't extend to either pier. It goes from SeaTac to downtown (Westlake Center). Once it arrives in Seattle just after the stadiums, it's underground in the tunnel which is an interesting experience in itself but you won't SEE the city.

http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail

Ā 

Is your $12 fare from downtown to pier66? If so, a cab might be cheaper especially if there are 3+ passengers. Maybe $15. www.flatrateforhire.com

I think they're $30 from SeaTac to downtown.

Ā 

No, it is from our hotel which is near the SEA/TAC airport to the cruise pier. We are only 2 people, so I thought $12 per person, each way was pretty good. In regards to the light rail, we were looking at doing that for our day out exploring Seattle downtown and the Space Needle and Pike Pier. I requested a visitor's guide from the Seattle Visitor center. I want to make sure we make the best of it.

No, it is from our hotel which is near the SEA/TAC airport to the cruise pier. We are only 2 people, so I thought $12 per person, each way was pretty good. In regards to the light rail, we were looking at doing that for our day out exploring Seattle downtown and the Space Needle and Pike Pier. I requested a visitor's guide from the Seattle Visitor center. I want to make sure we make the best of it.

Ā 

ok, now I get it. Good plan.

FYI ... when you disembark at Westlake I think there are exits to 3rd and 5th Ave's. Look for 3rd and that will put you only a block from the Market. The market is unbearably crowded after 11, so the earlier the better. Then walk back to Westlake and catch the monorail to the seattle center/space needle.