St kitts good?

Rockjock64

So my wife and I r looking to go on a southern Cruise next may and 1 of the ports is ST LITTS, what does everyone think about this port??

Love it, been there 4 times. If you don't want a beach day, take an island taxi tour, every easy to arrange with people who want the same when you get off the ship. The taxis are quite organized.

Most recently we did an island tour and beach day. It was really nice. We really enjoyed it. The beach was Cockleshell Beach. The cost came with a beach chair and a drink. They had a bar and restrooms. The beach was beautiful. Nevis looked close enough to touch and was a pretty view from the beach.

So my wife and I r looking to go on a southern Cruise next may and 1 of the ports is ST LITTS, what does everyone think about this port??

We visited St. Kitts last November ~ our first time. We cannot say enough good things about this island.

It was absolutely beautiful. We decided we would just rent a taxi for our group (there were six of us) and explore the island, taste the food, and see the sights. Thankfully, the taxi driver we hired was AMAZING! Great personality and a true ambassador to his beautiful island. It was my sister's birthday and he even arranged to have a group sing to her and gave her a free drink at the beach resort we went to. I still talk with him on Facebook ~ he's definitely going to be the first person I call when we get back to St. Kitts.

I highly recommend this taxi if you want to explore. His taxi is "Lion King" and it's called Sugarland Tours. Very reasonable too.

http://www.sugarlandtours.com/

We love St. Kitts. So excited to return next year! It's a beautiful, lush island.

We did a tour with Thenford Grey. If you Google him, his tour company will come up. Our favorite spot was the Brimstone Hill Fortress. The fortress sits high on top of a mountain. Incredible views from up there. Breathtaking.

We love St. Kitts. So excited to return next year! It's a beautiful, lush island.

We did a tour with Thenford Grey. If you Google him, his tour company will come up. Our favorite spot was the Brimstone Hill Fortress. The fortress sits high on top of a mountain. Incredible views from up there. Breathtaking.

That sounds like something Hubby would like to tour. Anything else you recommend?

That sounds like something Hubby would like to tour. Anything else you recommend?

Actually, Thenford's tour covers most of the more important spots on the island:go to thenfordgrey dot com, and view "The Tour"

We really enjoyed each stop. :)

Edited by Host Faith

Actually, Thenford's tour covers most of the more important spots on the island:go to thenfordgrey dot com, and view "The Tour"

We really enjoyed each stop. :)

I will tell hubby. We may have friends booking this too. She and I both do not do well in the sun-so beaches are not our thing.

Have been twice. I believe St. Kitts is an exceptionally beautiful island. My photos from that port of call always end up being the most stunning.

Both times, I did an island tour. The highlights in St. Kitts are relatively spread out. While I generally steer clear of any excursions which require significant time driving around in a van, it's really the only way to get the most out of the island.

The first time, I went the taxi route and had an excellent tour. The second time - which was just last month - I booked with Royston. There were six of us on the tour. He visits the same highlights as the other tours, but he also goes to places others don't go. His van has no windows, which sounds like you'd just BAKE, but that is NOT the case. The breezes are fantastic and the open air van makes you feel like PART of the scenery. It's also great for photo opportunities.

Royston's religion does not allow him to offer tours on days that conflict with specific holy days, so you'll need to email him and make sure your ship in in port on a day he's conducting tours. I highly recommend him!

• 2 weeks later...