Price drop

coops

It always pays to check the rates!

I'll say that I subscribe to a cruise fare monitoring service (that I'm not allowed to mention by name), and it seems like they failed to send me e-mail notifying me about today's price drop.* It was your post in the roll call thread that prompted me to check.

Woohoo! An $89 price drop on a Promenade cabin down to just $600/person!

* Heh... 10 minutes after this post, I just got the notification e-mail from that site.

Edited by Daghis

I'll say that I subscribe to a cruise fare monitoring service (that I'm not allowed to mention by name), and it seems like they failed to send me e-mail notifying me about today's price drop.* It was your post in the roll call thread that prompted me to check.

* Heh... 10 minutes after this post, I just got the notification e-mail from that site.

I check prices all day long. Glad it worked out for you.

No change on my D7, in fact, all price levels are greyed out, so I have to assume they are full up. I'm still keeping my eye on a JS, if those come down after final payment I may attempt an upgrade, even if it means killing the #occupydeck11 meme. :)

I check my cruise of Feb 5, 2015 and it looked like there was a price drop. I called my TA an asked him to check it out. Got an e-mail about one hour later telling me that I will be getting a $583 cut on my bill. Still have a long time yet to go so will be checking to see If I can get more.;)

Since these price drops appeared today, I do wonder whether they are an early release of the new savings deals that they're supposed to start offering tomorrow.

Edited by Daghis

My inside on the 7-night Serenade cruise was so cheap already ($427) that I haven't really been checking as regularly as I usually do. However, I did look today just by chance and captured a $55pp drop. Unbelievable price of $374.

Happy sails.:)

Kathy

How does one go about getting the price reduction? And where do you watch for said reduction? DH and I have only cruised Royal once and that was about 15 years ago; we are now looking to book a cruise next year. TIA! Robyn

You check the prices by doing a mock booking of your same category stateroom on Royal's website. If you find the price has gone down since you booked, and it's before final payment date, then call whoever booked your cruise and request a price adjustment.

My inside on the 7-night Serenade cruise was so cheap already ($427) that I haven't really been checking as regularly as I usually do. However, I did look today just by chance and captured a $55pp drop. Unbelievable price of $374.
I'm on this same sailing. It's the second week of our B2B. We've had four price drops on the two weeks for an E1 for a savings of $794.00 :cool:

You check the prices by doing a mock booking of your same category stateroom on Royal's website. If you find the price has gone down since you booked, and it's before final payment date, then call whoever booked your cruise and request a price adjustment.

And to make it easier, get to the place where the price is listed and store it in your bookmarks or favorites. It will refresh itself automatically when you click on again. A couple of clicks and you can see if there is a drop (or raise) in prices.

Kathy

Maybe someone answer my question.... since there are so many threads on price drops and I don't want to start another....

My family and I booked an inside cabin for less than $1800 for the four of on the 3rd/4th person sail free sale. It would have been an extra $1200 for an oceanview cabin!! Anyway, if there is a price drop or an upgrade to a different cabin category price is minimal, would the promotion still be in place if we asked our travel agent for the price drop? Or would we lose the 3rd/4th sail free??

Maybe someone answer my question.... since there are so many threads on price drops and I don't want to start another....

My family and I booked an inside cabin for less than $1800 for the four of on the 3rd/4th person sail free sale. It would have been an extra $1200 for an oceanview cabin!! Anyway, if there is a price drop or an upgrade to a different cabin category price is minimal, would the promotion still be in place if we asked our travel agent for the price drop? Or would we lose the 3rd/4th sail free??

If you ask for a price drop now, you would lose the 3/4 sail free promo, so all guests would be re-priced.

Kathy

$374 for 7 days? That's a great deal!

Another price drop question.

We're booked in a D2 for our back to back. Both weeks the pp fare is $1079. $150 April Savings was applied to one fare of each reservation.

If I see a price lower than $1079, would I be able to get that drop, in addition to the April Savings we're already receiving?

Also, nothing to do with price drops, but I just noticed our cruise care insurance is different for each passenger. Why would that be? Is it an age thing?

Edited by jules815

I'm on this same sailing. It's the second week of our B2B. We've had four price drops on the two weeks for an E1 for a savings of $794.00 :cool:

Good to connect with you, Mango. I just checked again and see that a roll call has FINALLY been started. I didn't want to start it because I did not want to commit to contributing a lot at this time, but I have joined.

Our March 2015 Pride cruise roll call already has 129 pages.

OK - sorry for the short hijack of this great thread. Back to being excited about price drops.:D

Kathy

Good to connect with you, Mango. I just checked again and see that a roll call has FINALLY been started. I didn't want to start it because I did not want to commit to contributing a lot at this time, but I have joined.

Our March 2015 Pride cruise roll call already has 129 pages.

OK - sorry for the short hijack of this great thread. Back to being excited about price drops.:D

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I feel the same way as you about not starting a roll call. We've had this cruise booked for 11 months and it took forever for someone to start one! I knew it would show up eventually. :)

You bet! Started off with $70 residency discount.:D

Kathy

So this probably answers my question then. You started with a residency discount, and were still able to get additional price drops.

I started with April Savings discount, but if I see a residency or other discount, I could get that, even if I've already received a different discount?