I think I have it all covered.

atate75

Bungee cord for balcony door? Small battery operated clock for room. It's nice to actually know what time it is. Ours is neat, it's a cube that is dark until you push it and it lights up for about 5-10 seconds. It also has the temperature. Best Dave & Busters prize 😬

Have fun.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I always take some large size ziplock bags in case I have a wet or damp bathing suit and/or cover-up to pack on my way home. Have a fantastic trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

good idea... i bring an empty pillow case to toss all my dirty cloths in to keep them separate!

Something I don't see mentioned is a list of medications, doctors names and phone numbers, family names and phone numbers, photocopies of your insurance cards (car, home and health), photocopies of your passports, and contact numbers for credit cards you will be taking. You probably won't need any of that info but it becomes invaluable if the unexpected happens.

why would u need ur car n home insurance info??? and credit cards have the # on the back... just saying...

why would u need ur car n home insurance info??? and credit cards have the # on the back... just saying...

Things can go wrong at home too. What happens if a neighbor sends you an email saying a storm blew a tree over onto your house and car, or maybe your house sitter finds a broken hot water heater has flooded your basement, or someone hits your parked car. Wouldn't you want to notify your insurance agent ASAP? They can get someone out for estimates and/or repairs right away.

You won't have the number on the back of your card if someone steals your wallet. You would need the number to call your credit card company to report the theft.

To OP: Have you notified your credit card company you will be traveling?

Edited by Grannycb

Did you put a hold on your mail and newspaper? Call the police for a zone check while you are gone? Have a neighbor watching the house and/or picking up paper and mail? Passports and cruise docs in a handy to get to place and not inside your luggage or carry-on? Leave info with family member or neighbor on how to reach you on the ship in case of an emergency?

Edited by Terre

I always carry extra luggage tags in my pocket. My daughter ripped hers off her suitcase once getting it out of the shuttle at the pier and it was a major ordeal to get another one. Now we each carry an extra one already filled out, just in case.

Did you call the credit/debit card companies to let them know you will be using your cards while traveling? The only thing I still need to do is go to the bank to get Cash. I have an excursion planned that only takes cash and I will need some for taxi's and for extra tips onboard as well as a bunch of ones for room service tips.

Wow! I can't even wrap my head around packing this early. It just isn't in me. We leave on Sunday as well. DH is already completely packed (other than toiletries) and so far I've... well, I've grouped together the dresses I want to pack in the closet. That counts for something, right?!

I am amazed that people even think about packing this early. I leave Sunday and will pack Sunday morning before my noon flight.

To answer OP's question IMO you have too much stuff especially the first aid kit, and the binoculars, I assume that the GPS lis in your car and not going on the ship.

I respectfully disagree. I keep a small first aid kit I the front of my suitcase (gonna switch it to carry on this time). It is not much bugger than just a band aid box....anti septic and bandages. I have brought it with me every trip we've been on... Last cruise, before the trip even started, my husband was packing our rental car and he cut his hand pretty good ona metal piece in the back part of the trunk. You never know when you need it!

Lastly, we saw a whale breaching on our first cruise and dolphins on our second...bring the binoculars unless you have super strong camera zoom. :D

Things can go wrong at home too. What happens if a neighbor sends you an email saying a storm blew a tree over onto your house and car, or maybe your house sitter finds a broken hot water heater has flooded your basement, or someone hits your parked car. Wouldn't you want to notify your insurance agent ASAP? They can get someone out for estimates and/or repairs right away.

You won't have the number on the back of your card if someone steals your wallet. You would need the number to call your credit card company to report the theft.

To OP: Have you notified your credit card company you will be traveling?

honestly... no.. you cant do much from a cruise ship or foreign country.. and i wouldnt want to waste a few days on the phone making all those calls.. it wont really get the problem fixed any faster.. dont notify me of any problems at home unless someone important has died...

Ummmm I've started packing for my cruise on July! What can I say... Iove to plan ahead!

OP. Have fun and don't let anyone tell u what NOT to pack! First aid kit and meds are great... Who wants to go to the dr for a band aid! Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have started packing for our June 14th cruise. I have a pretty extensive first aid kit already packed. I don't want to go to the ship dr for an upset stomach or heartburn. I'm traveling with 8 others and I know one other is bringing a large first aid kit also. (I'm traveling with 3 nurses) Truthfully, I never travel without a first aid kit or my athletic trainer bag. They have come in handy many times. The only other thing I can think of, that hasn't been mentioned, is a good attitude. :) enjoy your trip.

Oh, I just remembered something I didn't mention earlier...we take a small fan because the cabins are never cold enough for us. We used to put it in our checked luggage, but the last time we did that, my luggage was taken to the naughty room and my fan was removed. Couldn't get it until debarkation day. After 20 something cruises of packing that dang fan! Now it goes in the carry on.

As for packing early, I don't...I do it the day before we leave for the cruise. I have a check off list with everything that goes and we go so often that I just have "cruise" stuff ready to go...first aid kit, toiletries, clothes specifically for cruising, in fact, my large suitcase stays half packed and ready to go. I grab the cruise clothes from upstairs and pack them in the carry-ons and we're ready to go.

Edited by Terre

We are at the finishing stages of packing and getting ready for our trip on the Dream this Sunday. I think I have everything ready to go. Are there any last minute things that I might have forgotten?

Clothes packed, first aid kit, sunscreen, boarding passes, luggage tags, camera, memory cards, chargers, power strip, binoculars, CASH, passports, id and credit cards, carry on with wine and sodas and GPS loaded with coordinates to the port.

I'm sure I left some things out but do you guys see anything that I might have missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sun tan lotions/sun burn lotion Expensive to buy on the ship!!!! Any female needs, hair conditioner since they DO NOT provide that on the ship. I have a "cruise" bag that I add things to or replenish after each cruise it is a bag that has a bunch of compartments on both sides and hangs up of folds up (like a garment bag) and it has EVERYTHING in it you could possibly imagine, from bandaids, to miniature bottles of everything , hair ties, clips, sewing needle and thread...... you get the idea........again I add too it if I come along something that I think would be helpful to have in the bag and replenish if I used something on a cruise. It just hangs in the guest bedroom closet when we are not cruising and we take it on every single cruise.........I can't tell you how many times it has come in handy for us or for one of our friends cruising with us that forgot something or needs something. Great idea to start if you haven't already.

I always carry extra luggage tags in my pocket. My daughter ripped hers off her suitcase once getting it out of the shuttle at the pier and it was a major ordeal to get another one. Now we each carry an extra one already filled out, just in case.

This is a great tip! :D

We do the same...cause you just never know. It's happened to us and I thought for sure my tag was secured well and would never fall off. Well...it did!:eek: Thank goodness I had an extra one handy in my tote bag and was able to just attach it and was good to go!:D

honestly... no.. you cant do much from a cruise ship or foreign country.. and i wouldnt want to waste a few days on the phone making all those calls.. it wont really get the problem fixed any faster.. dont notify me of any problems at home unless someone important has died...

Actually, you can do a lot from your cruise ship. I always let my neighbor know when I'm going to be away from home more than a few hours. They have been entrusted with the keys to our house. Once there was a fire that came very close to our house. My neighbor was able to call me and ask me what three things could she take from my house for us that would be important for us to save. Thank goodness the fire never reached our homes but it was good to know that we had someone that could save three of our precious belongings or important papers. Also, once on vacation our sprinkler system broke and our neighbor called to let know. We gave her the name and number for our insurance guy and it was all taken care of by the time we got home. I don't want to hide my head in the sand while on vacation. I want to be able to take care of my home and property as soon as possible if an emergency situation occurs and I'm not there. These incidents never ruined our cruise or vacation because we knew we had things covered and cared for by people we trusted. Just say'n...stuff happens!;)

If you wear glasses, take an old pair if you have one. Also, pack every pair of underwear and socks you own (unless you want to do laundry).

Um... insect repellant, suntan lotion, sunburn spray, swimmer's ear or alcohol for when you get water in your ears, insect bite treatment - Benadryl has an itch relief stick you can get that works great. Anecdote - I was in the gift shop and a women was looking for just such a thing for her son and they didn't have anything like it. I suggested she try the Preparation H which they did have. Stinks but it works. If you are a light sleeper then take some earplugs.

Not packing but this is what I do: Turn off the gas, if you have it, to your appliances. Turn off the water to your laundry and dishwasher (this is a major deal imho). Turn off the hot water heater. Turn up your AC if you have animals in the house or turn it off if you don't. I always hook up an electrical timer to my living room lamp to turn on and off at certain times of day, mornings, evenings, etc. Let your neighbors know you will be out of town. Give contact information to your family in case of emergency. Put a travel alert on your bank/credit card.

I'm sure I will think of other things later....

Edited by dljones

Do you need a marriage license if you have a passport? Last time we crusied which is about 10 yrs ago we just used birth certificates so i needed my marriage license. Next time we go we plan on having passports.

Edited by S.C.

Do you need a marriage license if you have a passport? Last time we crusied which is about 10 yrs ago we just used birth certificates so i needed my marriage license. Next time we go we plan on having passports.

if you have a passport you shouldn't need any other form of id. if you're nervous you can always call Carnival to confirm.

Some good suggestions but if you listened to everyone, you would need a separate suitcase.:p As for packing early, I have to pack for myself and two kids. I start two weeks ahead of time. Someone on my roll call starts earlier than that. I certainly don't think less than a week before your cruise is too soon. No way am I going to be scrambling the day before or day of a trip trying to pack. It's a good idea to unplug things like kitchen appliances. I do turn off the water and have a neighbor get my mail. Enjoy your cruise.