'New' 2016 Chef's Table?!

MNcruiser117

Hey everyone!

I am extremely curious if anyone has tried the new chefs table menu and would like to share reviews on it and/or pictures! I've been trying to look around for some but doesn't seem to be many (any that I can find for that matter). The only thing I have ran across is a picture of the menu. I am really wanting to know if it is worth the increase in cost. I have been really wanting to experience this and the cost has always made me a little hesitant and I was going to go for it this cruise but I noticed it jumped up in price and is now $95 instead of the $75 previously! Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance (:

Hey everyone!

I am extremely curious if anyone has tried the new chefs table menu and would like to share reviews on it and/or pictures! I've been trying to look around for some but doesn't seem to be many (any that I can find for that matter). The only thing I have ran across is a picture of the menu. I am really wanting to know if it is worth the increase in cost. I have been really wanting to experience this and the cost has always made me a little hesitant and I was going to go for it this cruise but I noticed it jumped up in price and is now $95 instead of the $75 previously! Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance (:

Did the Chef's Table on the Oct. 9 Breeze sailing. It was a memorable experience - I got to try stuff I've never eaten before. The food was excellent, the overall experience was excellent. However, for me personally, it was probably a one time deal. I do NOT regret doing it at all, but I doubt if I'd spend the money to do it again, especially if it's gone up to $95 now. It's probably worth the money still, but I could go to the steakhouse 2 times (and have money left over) for that amount of money, so I doubt if I'd do the Chef's Table again.

I did the Chef's Table on theach Victory this past August. The review is in my signature.

Awsome review and great pictures! The since have changed the menu though 😕 I know it ruins the surprise seeing the food/activities before hand but I just really want to know what I'm getting to especially since it $95/PP now! Thank you for your response though 😊

Did the Chef's Table on the Oct. 9 Breeze sailing. It was a memorable experience - I got to try stuff I've never eaten before. The food was excellent, the overall experience was excellent. However, for me personally, it was probably a one time deal. I do NOT regret doing it at all, but I doubt if I'd spend the money to do it again, especially if it's gone up to $95 now. It's probably worth the money still, but I could go to the steakhouse 2 times (and have money left over) for that amount of money, so I doubt if I'd do the Chef's Table again.

Very good point! Thanks for your honest opinion! It's much appreciated 😊

First post. First Cruise.

The wife and I just came home from a cruise on Elation (Grand Suite) and we had the pleasure of attending a Chef's Table on 19 October and was in a group of 8 folks. There was no place on the Carnival site to post a review for the Chef's Table so I found this site. It cost us $75 each plus the gratuity so after all was said and done about $170 for the two of us.

I have to say we were super excited about sitting in on this until we started eating. Now it could be that we like good tasting food and are not accustomed to the fancy stuff they were feeding us but we talked with most all the other folks in our group of 8 afterwards and they all pretty much felt the same we did. Most in the group took only one or two bites to taste of each item and didn't eat the rest. No one in the group (including myself) spoke up during the meal as I don't think anyone wanted to embarrass the chef's or wait staff.

The appetizers beforehand in the galley were palatable but were very strong in flavor.

I ate most of the Crab stack but most just nibbled as it wasn't too bad.

The duck was like chewing greased rubber, you could not break it up.

The sea bass was so salty I don't think anyone ate over two small bites.

The best part of the meal was the wine as they keep your cup full and the cracker that came with the bread as the majority of plates served went back with very little eaten (including the desert). You would think they would get a hint.

The presentation itself and the wait staff I would rate on a scale of 1-10 as a 10.

The taste of the food on the other hand I would rate as 1 or maybe a 2.

My recommendation: To each his own. Will never do it again.

"To each his own" absolutely summarizes the food. So many courses are served that I started looking forward to being served a few I wouldn't like since I was full about halfway through.

Personal highlights were beef carpaccio, crab stack, one of the two duck textures, and wagyu. I am not a soup person in general and just a taste of each was sufficient. I would probably pay half the amount of the entire evening for just the brioche with blue cheese. WOW.

I agree this isn't for everyone. My granddaughter and I enjoyed it tremendously and are already booked for it on our next cruise.

I take different family members and I know a couple of them wouldn't enjoy it and so I wouldn't offer it to them.

I heard the $95 is an experiment on the Vista. Everything is more expensive on the Vista

It's on all Dream and Vista class ships

The cost is $75 USD per person ($95 USD per person on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic and Carnival Vista). An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge of the Chef’s Table and the charges will be applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account. For reservations made prior to the price increase to $95 USD, the original price will be honored

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086/~/the-chef’s-table

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

When did the price increase to $95/pp? We have reservations in January 2017. May have to cancel because of that increase!

I am not 100% sure when the increase happened. I got a confirmation email reserving our spot and that's the price they stated, I will be on the Carnival Dream maybe its certain ships that are getting new menus first? Sorry I don't have much insight. I'm sure if you booked early and was quoted that price, that'll be the price you'll pay. I highly doubt they would charge you more!

The cost is $75 USD per person ($95 USD per person on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic and Carnival Vista). An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge of the Chef’s Table and the charges will be applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account. For reservations made prior to the price increase to $95 USD, the original price will be honored

Ahhh that makes sense! We will be on the dream in January so that's why we have the increased cost! (: Still on the fence about whether or not to keep my reservation or not.

I saw the new price hike. I hope it is because of a changing menu and maybe some better wine! I booked the CT for our cruise on the Magic (17 DEC). I am glad I booked early. I have the email where they said it is only $75pp so I hope they honor it. I will make sure to print out the confirmation. $95pp is awfully high. I can't imagine why the meal would need to cost that much. I doubt we do it again because of the price hike and we ALWAYS do the the CT on our cruises.

Thanks for making this clear. I booked the Chef's Table on the Vista back in August and my confirmation letter says $75 per person. I was already feeling hesitant about the new menu and if I have to pay $95 I might seriously consider cancelling. Anyone know where I can read a review of the Chef's Table on the Vista?

Thanks for making this clear. I booked the Chef's Table on the Vista back in August and my confirmation letter says $75 per person. I was already feeling hesitant about the new menu and if I have to pay $95 I might seriously consider cancelling. Anyone know where I can read a review of the Chef's Table on the Vista?

I couldn't find any so that's why I created this thread to see if anyone would be able to post some pictures or review of the new menu. No such luck yet 😕 Have my fingers crossed that someone will before I cruise in January so I can make a final decision!! 😋

Megabum, Do you remember what type of wines were served? I think last time we went there was a Pinot Grigio and a Merlot, but don't know if they are still serving that. Thanks

I believe that was correct. a red and a white.

We have many photos and a video but no place to upload them. The site here doesn't allow photo uploads, only links to external sites, so will need to see about setting up a photo account someplace.

As mentioned previously we will never do this again with Carnival. Over the years the wife and I have eaten many 5 star multicourse meals (usually around anniversary time) and all were delicious and elegant (the best ever at Broadmoor in Colorado Springs) but this experience made us feel like taste test dummy guiney pigs.

Well. . .we are uncomfortably full and still very pleased with our decision to do Chef's table! Top notch experience and food. $75 pp. 4 dainty, delectable appetizers while we toured the galley (with champagne glasses refilled 3 times). Mango jelly on a sweet biscuit, salmon tartar in a cracker cone, puff pastry with bacon, and a kind of duck dumpling. Then to the library for amazing rolls, an Italian Pinot Grigio and Australian merlot. 12 of us.

Beet wrapped purees, crab stack with caviar and polenta chips, duck, a very artful tomato soup, Chilean sea bass, wagyu beef and a giant plateful of several different kinds of desserts.

3 hours of high-end gluttony! Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well. . .we are uncomfortably full and still very pleased with our decision to do Chef's table! Top notch experience and food. $75 pp. 4 dainty, delectable appetizers while we toured the galley (with champagne glasses refilled 3 times). Mango jelly on a sweet biscuit, salmon tartar in a cracker cone, puff pastry with bacon, and a kind of duck dumpling. Then to the library for amazing rolls, an Italian Pinot Grigio and Australian merlot. 12 of us.

Beet wrapped purees, crab stack with caviar and polenta chips, duck, a very artful tomato soup, Chilean sea bass, wagyu beef and a giant plateful of several different kinds of desserts.

3 hours of high-end gluttony! Worth every penny.

Glad you enjoyed it. Would you do it again? It sounds like your menu was a little different than what I had on the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. And also, we actually ate in the galley, which was very cool.

If I can get this to work, here is the menu we had on the Breeze:

IMG_7920_2.jpg IMG_7920_2.jpg