printing cruise doc's

chas329mi

ok sailing on Victory Nov 20th.

did online check in but when I go view cruise docs it will not show boarding pass but dose show luggage tags, I either get a error screen or it says must be paid for to print boarding pass. Is this normal? booked through TA on 4/10/14 I would think they paid the balance by now!

You paid in full seven months in advance?

:confused:

We always just pay for the cruise when we reserve it, don't see any advantage to spacing out payments.

To the OP: just call them and see what is going on. Could just be a glitch in the system. Or it's possible your TA didn't pay.

Did you give the TA the full amount of the cruise when you booked? We never do -- only give TA the down payment.

If you did, there is the possibility that your TA just sent the down payment to the cruise line and is "holding" the rest of your money until the final payment is due -- about 75 days out from the cruise. In order words, they are making a few pennies on your money.

Definitely call your TA and see if this is the case.

On HAL we can fill in all the information for the boarding passes but can not print them out until 50 days out from the cruise. Not certain how other cruise lines do this.

:confused:

We always just pay for the cruise when we reserve it, don't see any advantage to spacing out payments.

To the OP: just call them and see what is going on. Could just be a glitch in the system. Or it's possible your TA didn't pay.

Different cruise lines have different time lines regarding when boarding docs can be printed. It would typically be a date some time after final payment but not necessarily immediately after that payment, regardless of when it is made. Check with your TA or the cruise line to confirm. Also, I would hope your TA isn't holding your money. That would be a business practice I would not endorse. Ours conveys the funds when we authorize payment directly to the cruise line, which is reflected on our credit card statement.

As to paying in full with your reservation, that would clearly be your choice and I mean no criticism. But as most cruise lines only require a relatively small amount at the time of booking and the balance as a single remaining payment by a certain date - which already is pretty well in advance of the cruise date - there is no reason IMO to let the cruise line have my money sitting in their interest bearing accounts any sooner than needed. Especially if I would be booking a cruise well in advance of the sailing date. I can find better uses for my money during that period. Again, just my opinion.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks guys.

you know there is always a "rest of the story" and here it is. We won the trip at work or we won a $2500 voucher that we had to use through a TA. So I am guessing everyone is right! lol I just assumed that since I am sure work paid the $2500 that the TA would pay it when booked but she may just be sitting on it as others stated. I will give it some time then get to the bottom of it. Thanks Again

ok sailing on Victory Nov 20th.

did online check in but when I go view cruise docs it will not show boarding pass but dose show luggage tags, I either get a error screen or it says must be paid for to print boarding pass. Is this normal? booked through TA on 4/10/14 I would think they paid the balance by now!

Was typing this as you were adding the rest of the story..... Some may still be helpful for you.

If my memory is correct, I believe I could print my boarding pass and luggage tags 60 days before the cruise date. You should be able to access your reservation and see what information is listed. Double check name spellings, birth dates, etc that TA entered. If wrong, they must correct. You will not be able to see payment information as your TA is responsible for this. You should as others have said, contact them for a receipt of paid charges from Carnival. I always have paid using our credit card so the charge shows up on our statement (also proof that the TA did as asked). If you paid the TA cash, hopefully you have your receipt. Let us know what you find out. (Also, keep watching the pricing for your cabin category....even if you chose to pay in full this early, the TA can still get you any price reductions. You may lose some perk like onboard credit, a bottle of wine etc, but if your bottom line is less out of pocket it's a good thing. Just double check as some TA's do charge a "change fee".

Edited by UPGrandma

Was typing this as you were adding the rest of the story..... Some may still be helpful for you.

If my memory is correct, I believe I could print my boarding pass and luggage tags 60 days before the cruise date. You should be able to access your reservation and see what information is listed. Double check name spellings, birth dates, etc that TA entered. If wrong, they must correct. You will not be able to see payment information as your TA is responsible for this. You should as others have said, contact them for a receipt of paid charges from Carnival. I always have paid using our credit card so the charge shows up on our statement (also proof that the TA did as asked). If you paid the TA cash, hopefully you have your receipt. Let us know what you find out. (Also, keep watching the pricing for your cabin category....even if you chose to pay in full this early, the TA can still get you any price reductions. You may lose some perk like onboard credit, a bottle of wine etc, but if your bottom line is less out of pocket it's a good thing. Just double check as some TA's do charge a "change fee".

Don't know about Carnival but some lines may not do refunds for price drops after full payment (read your contract). Of course, a really good TA (with a track record for the cruise line in question) may be able to get them to do the refund or some OBC. If circumstances (e.g., not a voucher) permit, never pay the whole cruise tab up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The really sad thing is like I said this is our 1st cruise and a pvp called me and he was very nice and very helpful even knowing I had to use the TA through work and he would not get credit for it! but he will get credit for my next one and my next one lol

The really sad thing is like I said this is our 1st cruise and a pvp called me and he was very nice and very helpful even knowing I had to use the TA through work and he would not get credit for it! but he will get credit for my next one and my next one lol

Why a sad thing. You have established a good source of information, yes, he can't help you and get credit, but if he/she will continue to answer questions you can't find answers for anywhere else it's very good.

• 5 months later...

Is the "Boarding Pass" known by another name? We have printed our guest ticket booklet and our Set Sail Pass. Is the boarding pass one of these. I am unable to find any document referred to as a boarding pass. We are sailing RCCL next month and need to make sure we have everything in order.

Is the "Boarding Pass" known by another name? We have printed our guest ticket booklet and our Set Sail Pass. Is the boarding pass one of these. I am unable to find any document referred to as a boarding pass. We are sailing RCCL next month and need to make sure we have everything in order.

On RCCL your Set Sail Pass is your boarding pass.....