Celebrity and RCCL Clubs

We are new to Celebrity and RCCL - I read somewhere on Cruise Critic you can combine or they honor both "club" benefits, are they owned by the same company??

We have joined both clubs, we sail on RCCL in April 2017 and Celebrity in March 2018.

How do we go about this? Do both of us need our own membership?

Thank you,

CT

yes, your C & A status with RCI will be recognized at an equivalent level on Celebrity. Your cruise points however, do not. However if you are new to RCI and Celebrity, there is nothing for you. You won't earn your Gold status on RCI until after you've completed your 2017 sailing. The perks at the gold level are a joke. Your RCI gold status is equivalent to the classic status on Celebrity, so on your 2018 sailing, you get 1 free scoop of gelato, 10% off an internet package and 10% off a digital or print package. If they don't change the benefits by then.

If you cruise separately often, then it'd be wise to get your own memberships. But if you're married and residing at the same address, the status of one covers both. I've sailed twice as much as my husband, and he gets the same status as what I've earned.

I've never sailed Celebrity but they will honor my RCI status even though I'm not a member of their Captains Club. So I don't know how one goes about letting the company know of your membership in the sister company.

Edited by wolfcathorse

Once you have completed a cruise on Royal Caribbean, you will receive a membership number for their Crown & Anchor Society. Celebrity is owned by Royal Caribbean's parent company and will honor the benefits from the Crown & Anchor Society.

Once you have completed your Celebrity cruise, you will then get a membership number for their club, which Royal Caribbean will honor.

Somebody with more knowledge can give you the actual names of these clubs and explain it a little better.

When you are at the Select level on Celebrity and sail Royal, you get Platinum benefits and vice versa. When Elite on Celebrity and sail on Royal, you get Diamond benefits and vice versa. Points, however, do not combine.

I was thinking of taking my next cruise on Celebrity. I'm currently a gold member and need 1 more cruise to get to the next level. From that standpoint, would I be better off taking my next cruise on RC? (That wouldn't disappoint me in the least!)

For the purposes of moving up on the loyalty ladder, it would be best to move up on Royal first, because at Platinum level you would be recognized as Select on Celebrity.

For the purposes of moving up on the loyalty ladder, it would be best to move up on Royal first, because at Platinum level you would be recognized as Select on Celebrity.

That's what I thought. I really, REALLY wished that I started off with RC from the beginning. Oh well, was still fun. First world problems right.

We are new to Celebrity and RCCL - I read somewhere on Cruise Critic you can combine or they honor both "club" benefits, are they owned by the same company??

We have joined both clubs, we sail on RCCL in April 2017 and Celebrity in March 2018.

How do we go about this? Do both of us need our own membership?

Thank you,

CT

I haven't seen a direct answer this unless I missed it (there's a chance - I'm currently replenishing my caffeine levels..) Go the royal caribbean page, and click on login. You'll see "enroll." Personally, that was the easiest since I hate using the phone. If you've already done that, then never mind! It's a breeze to do.

Thank you all for your valuable information. Nice to know I do not have to enroll in the loyalty clubs in addition to my husband.

We have prior cruises with HAL and NCL, but I can't seem to find the cruise I want on the same lines. After 2018 we probably won't be doing much more cruising. We want to travel the US after retirement - according to DH ;)

CT

You can enroll in the Celebrity Captain's Club before you cruise. It's called the Preview level. I think you get a free newsletter. :)

Although you don't need to each have your own membership, I would highly recommend it. If only the husband has the membership and the wife wants to take a weekend cruise with her girlfriends, she has no loyalty status. :eek: It's hard to say that you would never want to cruise without the other.

Happy cruising!