How many suitcases to bring

sawtooth

First time cruising. Going on Princess South America cruise so need variety of warm and cold weather gear.

We usually each bring a bag that is roll aboard size (fits in the overhead on the plane) and will check the larger bag that we will share.

When boarding the ship should/can we keep our roller bags or just leave them with the large bag to be delivered to the cabin

We generally keep anything we can't afford to lose or get damaged with us (electronics, all documents, $$...etc)...With that being said, if your bag with wheels fits in thru the security scanner I would keep that with me unless you have something else to put your important items in.

Have fun!

The answer depends on what you have in your carry ons. If you have any valuables such as jewelry, medicine, electronics or other items such as breakables I would keep the carry on bags in your possession.

I am surprised you will be able to just take one large suitcase to share for this cruise. As you correctly note you will need both warm and cold weather clothing.

Keith

Never check anything of value, or anything you might need before dinner....your bags can take a while to get to the cabin. There is really no "limit" to how many bags you may bring aboard...the ship doesn't limit you like the airlines do!

First time cruising. Going on Princess South America cruise so need variety of warm and cold weather gear.

We usually each bring a bag that is roll aboard size (fits in the overhead on the plane) and will check the larger bag that we will share.

When boarding the ship should/can we keep our roller bags or just leave them with the large bag to be delivered to the cabin

Just curious as to how long your Princess cruise is. I think the basics has been covered on your carry ons but wouldn't begin to guide you on regular luggage without knowing how long your cruise is.......One nice thing about Princess is once you board, your stateroom is available immediately and your luggage will normally be in your stateroom shortly after lunch if you check in early enough.

• 2 weeks later...

We take two carry-on's and one trunk steamer. Get rid of clothes hangers they take up lots of space. Put your valuables in your carry-on with at least one change of clothes incase the trunk steamer gets lost. Also fly to the port a day early so you do not have connection fears and it gives the airline a day to find your lost bag and get it to you.

Archived