Posting Pictures

You have to have your picture hosted on another site like flickr, photo bucket, etc. Several of them are free. Once you upload the picture to that site, you get a link from that site, then go to make a post in cruise critic, click on the mountain icon with the yellow background and past the Link from the host site.

The trick to it all is finding the link you need from the host site. Once you decide on a host, post back here and you'll get more guidance.

I use flickr. They have a free account with a limit, or a pro account that is unlimited for$25 per year.

Many here use photo bucket and shutter fly. I believe they both offer free accounts.

You have to have your picture hosted on another site like flickr, photo bucket, etc. Several of them are free. Once you upload the picture to that site, you get a link from that site, then go to make a post in cruise critic, click on the mountain icon with the yellow background and past the Link from the host site.

The trick to it all is finding the link you need from the host site. Once you decide on a host, post back here and you'll get more guidance.

I use flickr. They have a free account with a limit, or a pro account that is unlimited for$25 per year.

Many here use photo bucket and shutter fly. I believe they both offer free accounts.

I think I miscommunicated....

I don't want to create a link to a site to post an album. I just want to attach a couple of pictures as shown above with the boy and the bread. Others on this site have their pictures much larger. How do I do that?

I think I miscommunicated....

I don't want to create a link to a site to post an album. I just want to attach a couple of pictures as shown above with the boy and the bread. Others on this site have their pictures much larger. How do I do that?

You communicated right. What I wrote is how you get them larger. Cruisecritic doesn't provide the bandwidth for you to upload large pictures to display in posts, so you can't upload them straight to cruise critic. You have to upload them somewhere else, then you copy and paste the link by using the mountain/yellow sky button where you post here in cruisecritic.

For flickr, the link you post will look something like:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/4962725194_b53916f0bb_b.jpg

The software used by the cruisecritic site turns that link into a full size picture like this:

4962725194_b53916f0bb_b.jpg

The bi-product of this is that you will have your pictures posted somewhere else where you may have albums, etc.. It is up to you whether you use that hosted site for anything other than posting pictures here.

This is the only way to get big pictures. It is a little bit of a pain, but you get used to it.

You communicated right. What I wrote is how you get them larger. Cruisecritic doesn't provide the bandwidth for you to upload large pictures to display in posts, so you can't upload them straight to cruise critic. You have to upload them somewhere else, then you copy and paste the link by using the mountain/yellow sky button where you post here in cruisecritic.

For flickr, the link you post will look something like:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/4962725194_b53916f0bb_b.jpg

The software used by the cruisecritic site turns that link into a full size picture like this:

4962725194_b53916f0bb_b.jpg

The bi-product of this is that you will have your pictures posted somewhere else where you may have albums, etc.. It is up to you whether you use that hosted site for anything other than posting pictures here.

This is the only way to get big pictures. It is a little bit of a pain, but you get used to it.

Thanks, I will play with this, this weekend! :cool:

I'm new to learning how to post pictures. I know that I click on the attachments and search your browser for the picture, but how do I get the picture to look larger than what I have posted here?

[ATTACH]169883[/ATTACH]

I use Photobucket.

You upload your pictures there. Then you can easily resize them on their site.

Then, just put cursor on the picture, copy, come here, hit paste, and that is it.

• 3 weeks later...

Love your quote at the bottom but you need to add this to it.

Quote: "Grant me the senility to forget the people who are rude, the good fortune to run into the ones who are not, and the eyesight and hearing to tell the difference."

Great tips on how to post the larger pictures. Here's my "how-to" summary, plus a few examples of pictures that I have posted. Below is a link for the live/day-by-day postings with lots of pictures that I did from Copenhagen and along the Norway Coast. This posting is now over 21,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

For posting photos to these boards, your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let me know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as this picture does below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these boards.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Copenhagen’s Nyhavn or “New” Harbor is actually old and charming with lots of outdoor dining options and nearby shopping:

Boat.jpg

Lots of beautiful church towers and buildings in St. Petersburg:

1A-StP-Ch.jpg

Here is a wider shot of the Spilled Blood Church interior in St. Petersburg. Its exterior design is more traditionally "Russian" or Orthodox than St. Isaac.:

1A-StP-SpilledBld.jpg

In Venice, this shows boats in the harbor in front of St. Mark's with the famed Basilica of St Mary of Health in the background. The church was designed in the Palladian style and construction began in 1631. The dome of "the Salute" is an important part of the Venice skyline and it inspired artists such as Canaletto, J. M. W. Turner and John Singer Sargent to make it a key symbol of this historic city.:

VeniceBoatsDomeIslands.jpg

You go on these Norway Coast cruises for the spectacular fjords. From the journey to Flam, Gudvangen and Sognerfjord, here is one picture giving you a sampling of the skies and views for these beautiful internal coast lines of the fjords.

FjordsDramaticClouds2.jpg

In Bergen’s historic Hanseatic warehouse area, this folk music group is entertaining as people sit outside, drink beer (at $13 each) and enjoy the great weather day.:

BergenFolkSingers.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...