Bonnie - Wonderful description of why Azamara is so popular

bob278

Bonnie,

I have often struggled to define exactly what it is that makes us rank Azamara above others and worth the significant difference in cost over Celebrity (another good value experience, just not as special).

On a thread comparing Azamara to Crystal (which, predictably strayed a bit), Lottie A hit the nail on the head with her post in general and the extract below. She and others also mentioned that Azamara's passengers were, as a whole, also friendlier than many other cruise lines.

Her entire post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50041590&postcount=9

The defining quote, in my opinion on the Azamara difference. I can see a marketing presentation based on this. :D

You can always buy a luxury experience, but the feeling of welcome and genuine happiness to see you back on Azamara cannot be bought. It's the crew that make Azamara special and that wins for me every time.

Having just completed out first Azamara cruise, I completely agree with the last paragraph written by Lottie A, the experience was amazing, the friendliness of the staff and fellow passengers is wonderful and it is genuine not part any marketing ploy. The staff appear to be genuinely keen to make the passenger experience a good one, this is a culture that has to be grown and fostered from top to bottom and back and cannot be manufactured. We have be truly spoiled now for any other cruise line. Itinerary always needs to be first but if we can get an itinerary that encompasses Azamara then there is no contest. We are already looking to book out next Azamara cruise. I now understand why the posters on this site are so loyal to the brand.

Lottie really did a great job in her response on this thread. Balanced and detailed and to the point. I am envious or her efforts.

You did a pretty good job too!:)

Phil

I agree with Phil. I thought your characterization of the passengers on Azamara was spot on but I have to admit, it would be easy to interpret your comment about the "maturity" of passengers on Crystal as meaning extremely old. I've never heard that. My assumption (I know that's dangerous since we have never cruised with them) is that they may be slightly older, but they are certainly financially more "comfortable" than main-stream line passengers. But I think it takes a level of "comfort" to be able to afford Azamara, too. Not sure where the difference lies. Maybe it's in attitude. I know that we CAN afford more than we are WILLING to afford. Perhaps those who are willing to pay top dollar by nature are more demanding and feel entitled.

Lottie's statement about the crew just resonated with me.

Thank you bob278, and all the others, for the kind words about Azamara Club Cruises. Our officers, staff and crew really are the best.

A few months ago I interviewed Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann. There's a quote that I loved: "Stepping on the Azamara gangway the first time was such a great feeling. I said “I’m back again. I’m Home.” I feel that every time I return to either the Journey or the Quest, and that’s the feeling I want to convey to our guests..."

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/crew/meet-our-captains-and-crew/hotel-director-ryszard-gusmann

Ryszard is just one example of the fabulous onboard staff on our ships. They are who foster the friendly environment, and it is our very human senior management who give them the leeway.