Oceania Jumps On All-You-Can-Drink Booze Bandwagon

LauraS

• 4 weeks later...
You still have to pay a hefty per diem charge to be able to drink all you like on Oceania. It doesn't make it "all inclusive" so in my view, it doesn't make it a luxury line!

agree - You would have to do some pretty heavy calculations to see if it is worthwhile or be a heavy drinker;)

Quick question.

The linked article mentions that they keep track of consumption to prevent "over-consumption".

Does this mean that crew will stop you from drinking if they think that you've had too much - or, do they track your consumption electronically, and therefore your only allowed one or two drinks an hour?

I know a number of people with differing alcohol tolerances, and I would be slightly agitated if I paid $49 / day but was limited from having a drink if I felt I was OK but a crew member/computer said I was "too over".

I'm no alcoholic, but my partner and I can easily down a bottle of white each over dinner + cocktails afterwards, hence my concern :)

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question.

The linked article mentions that they keep track of consumption to prevent "over-consumption".

Does this mean that crew will stop you from drinking if they think that you've had too much - or, do they track your consumption electronically, and therefore your only allowed one or two drinks an hour?

I know a number of people with differing alcohol tolerances, and I would be slightly agitated if I paid $49 / day but was limited from having a drink if I felt I was OK but a crew member/computer said I was "too over".

I'm no alcoholic, but my partner and I can easily down a bottle of white each over dinner + cocktails afterwards, hence my concern :)

Hi

I do believe that they allow you to buy this by the day so : sea days buy a package and enjoy wine at lunch and dinner . I think that's what we shall do.

regards

Josie

Quick question.

i doubt they will track your consumption to limit drinks per hour but they will probqbly be watching to make sure you are not sharing the package with another person

If you are being abusive or obnoxious I would think they may discontinue to serve you just like any bar should

I think from the sounds of it you must purchase the package for the entire cruise or if you purchase a package onboard it is the for the balance of the cruise & are Per Person daily rates

You know what you drink so compare the drink prices then decide if a package will suits your needs or not

Bottles of wine are not included in the packages just single glasses of wine which may work for you

I am not sure when the packages start but you may want to ask on the Oceania forum to see if anyone has used the package yet

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived