Port Everglades Hotel

Kshecruiser0524

Hi,

We are cruising on the Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale. We will be flying in the night before and I was hoping for some hotel recommendations. I would like something nice but we don't need anything fancy since we are just staying one night and we are hoping to not spend a lot of money. We are just looking for a nice clean hotel to stay for one night but I would like to be really close to Port Everglades so that we don't have to travel far in the morning. Thank you for any help!

Extended Stay on 17th St.

Inexpensive

ALL the shops, stores, bars, liquor stores, restaurants are right there.

FREE shuttle picking you up at the airport and taking you to the cruise port the following morning.

Clean....nothing fancy. Great if you have kids because it has a kitchen. :o

We stayed at the Hilton Marina and it was actually priced about the same as more budget minded hotels. Can't get much closer to Port Everglades. We actually had a close up view of the ships coming in that morning from our balcony just across the street from the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We stayed at the Hilton Marina and it was actually priced about the same as more budget minded hotels. Can't get much closer to Port Everglades. We actually had a close up view of the ships coming in that morning from our balcony just across the street from the port.

Tapi.....100% agree that Hilton Marina on 17th is WONDERFUL. It is our favorite hotel...BUT....it sounds like this couple is looking to save a few dollars. Extended Stay was soooo much cheaper and has free shuttle (Hilton does not)

We had continental breakfast at the Hilton and it costs $21...at Extended Stay it was free. :eek:

Extended Stay was soooo much cheaper and has free shuttle (Hilton does not)

We had continental breakfast at the Hilton and it costs $21...at Extended Stay it was free. :eek:

I do agree. Those "little extras" can add up fast. We were lured into staying at the Hilton because the difference in the base price from more budget minded hotels was less than $20.

But we were very happy with our stay nonetheless. It was a very nice beginning to our vacation.

Edited by Tapi

Hi,

We are cruising on the Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale. We will be flying in the night before and I was hoping for some hotel recommendations. I would like something nice but we don't need anything fancy since we are just staying one night and we are hoping to not spend a lot of money. We are just looking for a nice clean hotel to stay for one night but I would like to be really close to Port Everglades so that we don't have to travel far in the morning. Thank you for any help!

Check this web site.

http://www.pre-cruisehotels.com/

I recommend either Hyatt Place or Hyatt House in Dania Beach, Fl. I have stayed at both several times when we used to visit our daughter in Hollywood, Fl. They offer shuttle to the port (and maybe from the airport?) don't know because we always drove in. I think there is a fee for the shuttle so you are better off taking a cab - not too much money I don't think. Free breakfast at both places - very good. The hotel is very clean and nice décor. I highly recommend these hotels (both have a pool also). Not far from the airport or pier/port. Check out the prices.

p.s. These hotels are right next door to each other - also across the street is a rather large shopping plaza/plus lots of places to eat.

Edited by Chrisp414
adding something

For our last few cruises we have stayed at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites in Dana Beach. They have free shuttle from airport to hotel, free shuttle to cruiseport and free breakfast. We recently booked them for March 2015 thru Last Minute Travel for $121.00......real deal as rooms on their website show much higher rates.

I'll be cruising from Port Canaveral in January. Which airport would I fly into and is there a rental car company that I could pick up a car at the airport and return near the port and get a shuttle to the port? Also any hotel suggestions that would have a shuttle if car rental won't get me to the port?

Edited by rsail203
add a question

I'll be cruising from Port Canaveral in January. Which airport would I fly into and is there a rental car company that I could pick up a car at the airport and return near the port and get a shuttle to the port? Also any hotel suggestions that would have a shuttle if car rental won't get me to the port?

Please start a new thread for this question. This thread is about Port Everglades.