Need a hotel recommendation in Miami

julielouhoo

I would like to be as close to the port as possible. I recently read another poster watching the Liberty (or the Freedom, I can't remember which), pull into port. Thanks! Terri

I can't recommend any of the hotels close to the port of Miami, but can for South Beach which is a ton of fun and worth the 10 - 15 minute cab ride. Stay at the Palms if you choose to try out S Beach. Awesome hotel with great staff and great atmosphere.

Happy cruising

Check out priceline, downtown area. Merriott, Hyatt, and one other are all in the same area. That might be your best bet. Holiday Inn and Intercontinental are near Bayside Marketplace. You might want to check out the Hotel board here on Cruise Critic. :)

Marriott Biscayne Bay and Radisson both have great views of the port area and the ships. I have used Priceline several times and been very pleased with the results. Hyatt has undergone extensive renovations but doesn't have an unobstructed view of the cruise ships from most of its rooms. Using Priceline for a 4star hotel in downtown Miami has garnered us Hyatt, Marriott and Radisson at different times of the year at rates far better than we could have gotten by booking direct and at prices lower than you will likely have to pay for Holiday Inn. You aren't guaranteed a specific hotel but the number of 4 star hotels in the area are pretty limited and you can't, IMHO, go wrong.:)

This is the one I stay at.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested. I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights last September.

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...questid=810278

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

Another vote for Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We stayed there in a suite in January and had a nice, clean, comfortable room for the price. It wasn't anything fancy, but as another poster stated, it is very conveniently located to shopping and to the port. We were able to see the ships from our room. That alone made it wonderful!

When you book at Holiday Inn request a room that overlooks the port, you can see your ship come in.

Very nice area opposite to stroll over to the Marketplace to eat/people watch/listen to live music. The Bayside marketplace is all around a marina so it makes a great place to hang the evening before your cruise.

We just stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. While it is close to port and we had a great view, I would not stay there again.

It is in major need of an overhaul. It is also not the cleanest and I will leave it at that.

I have also stayed at the HI at the port. I agree with the above posters. It isn't fancy, but nice enough and clean. You absolutely can not beat the location. It is the closest to Bayside. It is the closest view to the ships.

If you want a nicer hotel that is close, pick the Intercontinental. You can also see the ships from the hotel. You can still walk to Bayside from there.

I just stayed at the Intercontinental and while it is a beautiful hotel, there was one niggle that stayed with me and it's petty, but.....

When I arrived, a bellboy took my suitcase from the shuttle and walked it up four steps,where he handed it over to another bellboy,then he held his hand out for a tip, then the next bellboy pointed out the way to the front desk (I could see it anyway) walked my suitcase to the front desk (12ft?) and stood there waiting for a tip.........

When I left the next morning they did the same thing in reverse. One grabbed my suitcase as I left the front desk,walked it down the steps, where he handed it to another to put into the taxi............ that just irritated me and I am by no means a poor tipper- I always, (and did) tip generously,but that just seems like one person too many.

I'll stick to the Holiday Inn- I have a suitcase with wheels and I can take it a few feet by my feeble self.................no bellboys there:D

• 3 weeks later...
I just stayed at the Intercontinental and while it is a beautiful hotel, there was one niggle that stayed with me and it's petty, but.....

When I arrived, a bellboy took my suitcase from the shuttle and walked it up four steps,where he handed it over to another bellboy,then he held his hand out for a tip, then the next bellboy pointed out the way to the front desk (I could see it anyway) walked my suitcase to the front desk (12ft?) and stood there waiting for a tip.........

When I left the next morning they did the same thing in reverse. One grabbed my suitcase as I left the front desk,walked it down the steps, where he handed it to another to put into the taxi............ that just irritated me and I am by no means a poor tipper- I always, (and did) tip generously,but that just seems like one person too many.

I'll stick to the Holiday Inn- I have a suitcase with wheels and I can take it a few feet by my feeble self.................no bellboys there:D

We stayed there last week and we tipped the bellboy who took our luggage from the taxi and then the one who delivered it to our room. To me it wasn't a big deal to hand over a couple of bucks, but if you had just one suitcase, why didn't you politely decline and say you could handle it yourself. We had four large suitcases, so we preferred to have them handle it, but if I had just one on rolling wheels, I'd politely decline if it bothered me to have to tip.

I can't recommend any of the hotels close to the port of Miami, but can for South Beach which is a ton of fun and worth the 10 - 15 minute cab ride. Stay at the Palms if you choose to try out S Beach. Awesome hotel with great staff and great atmosphere.

Happy cruising

South Pointe Park in South Beach is the absolute best place to watch the cruise ships pull in and out of port.

Archived