Suitable for Carnuval Elegent Night & should I dye it..

AmativeDame

Question for you lovely people. I am cruising on Carnival in January and I found a dress in the back of my closet that I forgot about.

784d1b99db82834b9987ea7c26d65eee.jpg

Its white, with a crocheted overlay. Would this be suitable enough for carnival's formal night? Can I get away with it in white in January? I bought it when we were thinking of eloping so it feels so bridal like to me... but I think its because I knew what I bought it for. It was never marketed for bridal.. just a white summer dress.

I was thinking of maybe trying to dye it (some shade of blue most likely) since I feel kind of hesitant about the color and it would save me having to put another pair of shoes to go with it. Would it work? Should I try to dye it or leave it as is?

Edited to add: sorry about the typos in the title. Was posting on my mobile and aparently auto correct had some fun with me.

Edited by AmativeDame

Where are you cruising? If the Caribbean, it's summer all year long....White is always fine!

Knew I forgot to mention something! It is a Caribbean so I figured it might be ok. I wasn't sure if it would be quite dressy enough and if I would stand out too much.

Have no idea what I will put on my feet but I guess it will give me a excuse to go shopping!

Have no idea what I will put on my feet but I guess it will give me a excuse to go shopping!

I'm a fan of metallics (for me usually silver) as a neutral to go with any "odd" color clothing (eg not black or brown) I think metallic sandals would look lovely with that dress