can we make an 11:30 miami flight from the port?

dznee

Please help....we are taking a cruise which arrives in miami at 7am. I don't know the time of disembarkation but we have a flight that departs MIA airport at 11;30am....will we have enough time to take a cab from the ship to the airport and make our flight? any help would be appreciated!

It depends on what is happening that day & if the customs people are on time etc...

A few weeks ago we were off the ship & at the airport by 9:15

fast forward 10 days my friend did not get a taxi until near 11 am

The marathon was held that morning & roads were blocked

good luck

It really depends. First Immigration/Customs would have to clear the ship early-and that depends on where it's been. You would have to do early walk off and handle all your own luggage without any assistance. Then you would have to find a taxi I have waited in a taxi line for over an hour-depends on how many ships in port. On a good day the trip from FLL to MIA is about a 20 to 30 min ride depending on traffic. MIA airport screening can either be a quick process or a long one. Sure, some have done it with any problems and then I have seen where the ship wasn't cleared until after 9am.

No problem...we always take the 10:45 flight home....and we are waiting in the airport for over 2 hours. You can be off the ship quite early...it's a 20 min. cab ride. We NEVER do self disembark! We tell them we have an early flight, and are one of the 1st groups off....no worries!

Edited by cb at sea

Better be able to because we have a flight out of FLL for 11:15. Most people say self disembark and we'll be fine so you should be too.

You are docking in Miami & flying from FLL ???

Hope you have a Plan B

Please help....we are taking a cruise which arrives in miami at 7am. I don't know the time of disembarkation but we have a flight that departs MIA airport at 11;30am....will we have enough time to take a cab from the ship to the airport and make our flight? any help would be appreciated!

Personally I would not want to be stressed on the last day of the cruise.

Too many things can happen.

If you are able to self disembark - carry all your luggage off the ship yourself without any assistance -- then you should be able to make your flight.