Late Flight Home

sophia37

I am going to book my flight home from Miami at 7pm. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do to kill the time? I am not going to stay an extra night. I did do a search to try not to ask this question because I assume it's been asked a thousand times, but couldn't find anything. Thank you so much.

So much to do in Miami, but if you take a Carnival post cruise excursion, they store your luggage and drop you off at the airport afterwards. I have done the Miami sightseeing and shopping tour and I would highly recommend that.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Miami has to be one of the better ports to be "stuck at" for the day, I would look into what excursions Carnival offers and see if any interest you. They usually store/drop-off your luggage and provide transportation to the airport so remember that if you think the price is high. If you don't want to do an excursion, but also don't want to lug you luggage around all day look into renting a car. Throw the bags in the truck and do as you please for the day.

We are flying out of FLL at 6:45pm. We booked a Miami tour through carnival for around $120 for the two of us. Originally my parents were coming with us and we had booked a rental car. It was through Thrifty and they had a shuttle from the port. The cost was around $80 to pick up at the port and drop off at FLL. We planned on vising Sea Grass Mall around FLL. That was a good deal when it was the four of us because the excursion would have been $240, but now with just the two of us, the excursion is just easier.

I usually try for a late flight out of MIA just to extend my vacation time a bit... I am off the ship by around 7:30 and take a cab to the airport and store my luggage there (Terminal E, second level) From there, I take the Airport Flyer Bus ($5.65 for a day pass. Bus#150) straight to South Beach for lunch and sightseeing. With the day pass you can explore one area then jump on another bus and go further up or down the beach as you wish. When you're ready to head back to the airport, just jump back on the #150 bus and it will take you straight back to MIA. (the bus makes stops in each direction around every 20 minutes)

I would rent a car; we did that and there's a budget rental close to the port. Just dropped off at the airport before our flight. We did an Everglades tour, but with a car you can really do anything and it will take care of both transportation and luggage storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I was just searching for this same question...

One of the things i found was the website hotelsbyday.com That looks like a good option? Get a room on South Beach for the day and then shower up and head for the airport. $100-150

There is also a day pass available for about $35 at the Savoy Hotel, you don't get a private room but you do get access to the beach pool and locker room. They will also store your bags.

The Savoy Hotel

425 Ocean Drive, Miami, Florida 33139

The other option I saw was The Luggage Lounge Miami luggageloungemiami.com the offer baggage storage, wifi, printer access, and will pick you up. A couple blocks from the beach.