Photobooks

I've been printing photo books with Picaboo for years. I really like their customizable options and it's easy to use. Print quality is lacking though - every page is noisy. Makes my photos look blurry, but they are clear on my monitor.

Anyone have a recommendation of an online book place?

I'd like lots of pre-desined page layouts, but also the ability to resize/move photos and add captions wherever I like. Also, ability to use many different backgrounds (supplied by, or linked to by the program). Also, I'd like to be able to have however many pages I want (not limited to an exact number, say 20, 40, 65)

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

I use mypublisher.com, print quality is good, and the price is pretty good as well. they are also always running promotions and have discounts.

Lots of options on binding, covers, paper type, etc. Layout app is decent, and easy to use.

I have done several books using Blurb.com and have been very satisfied with all the books.

Once they made an error by binding the book with the wrong backing and fixed it right away. I think I received the book a day or two after I spoke with customer service. Didn't even have to send the errored book back.

I use SmileBooks. The books are extremely good quality - heavy paper, hard back, etc. With a variety of sizes from 5 x 7 up to 12 x 12 scrapbook size. They also make things like t-shirts, calendars, mugs, etc.

What I like is that you download their software (free) so you can work on your computer rather than on-line. They have lots of page layouts which you can customize to exactly what you want. Lots of backgrounds included - and you can download more from their website or use your own photos.

I used shutterfly for my last vacation book - lots of page layouts available, ability to add text boxes anywhere, lots of embellishments, hard cover, add as many pages as you wish (I think mine ended up being 68 pages) - different sizes and cover options available. The print quality is great. And sometimes they have a sale! I usually go in and create my book and then just save it until they have a 40% off sale. :)

I recently made a book w/ MyPublisher. MyPublisher has now joined forces w/ Shutterfly. What that means in terms of options in making your book IDK, but it 'should' bring improvements, changes for the better etc. Well, this was my fourth book w/ MyPublisher & I am getting ready to start my fifth!:)

I use shutterfly as well and they are constantly sending me coupon codes for free 8x8 books. Every time I get one, I do another vacation book from a previous vacation. I love them. :D

How in the world do you narrow your amazingly massive numbers of photos to make a book!? Your cruise reviews are EPIC!:D:p;)

I have found that making books is very addictive!

How in the world do you narrow your amazingly massive numbers of photos to make a book!? Your cruise reviews are EPIC!:D:p;)

I have found that making books is very addictive!

Trust me, it is very hard to decide which pictures to use because I take so many. But I try to do about 2-4 pages of each port and a page of the post cruise and the rest the cruise. I pick the pictures that have the most meaning to me....it's not a walk in the park I tell ya. ;) :D

I use shutterfly as well and they are constantly sending me coupon codes for free 8x8 books. Every time I get one, I do another vacation book from a previous vacation. I love them. :D

+1

I got a free one via NCL after our PC cruise and I've made 4 more since. I usually wait until they offer a code for a free one or at least 40% off. We use it as a "Coles Notes" version of my DW's scrapbooking.

+1

I got a free one via NCL after our PC cruise and I've made 4 more since. I usually wait until they offer a code for a free one or at least 40% off. We use it as a "Coles Notes" version of my DW's scrapbooking.

If you do reviews on Trip Advisor, they also send you them every so often too.

Thanks everyone! I will check those out.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Hi - I just an email from shutterfly where I can give a coupon code for a free 8x8 photo book to a friend that is not currently a shutterfly member. I can send you an invite if you would like and have not joined shutterfly.

Hi - I just an email from shutterfly where I can give a coupon code for a free 8x8 photo book to a friend that is not currently a shutterfly member. I can send you an invite if you would like and have not joined shutterfly.

If anyone else is interested feel free to let me know....I have 10 available! You can't be a shutterfly member already or you can open a second acct with a different email.

I look at Blurb for the exact page size.

I make that page with Photoshop Elements,

background, photos and text wherever I want them.

Borders, drop shadows, scans of small objects (seashell maybe), design each page however I want.

Save the page as jpg, then the whole page becomes one page in

Blurb.

It takes a little longer and looks a lot better, and I get to decide how

the photos are arranged on the page.

I have always used Shutterly for all of my photo needs; however, for this most recent trip I decided to try Mixbook. I have included a link below of the final product:

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/travel/2013-cindy-birthday-cruise-7961875?vk=rPFWLzYX8M

Cindy: Great book. Very creative. I have always used Shutterfly too, but looks like Mixbook may give several additional options. I might have to try it for my next book.

Small world - we were on Oasis the week before you. We got off on May 11th. It was our 2nd time. Love Lady O.

Have a great weekend!

I have always used Shutterly for all of my photo needs; however, for this most recent trip I decided to try Mixbook. I have included a link below of the final product:

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/travel/2013-cindy-birthday-cruise-7961875?vk=rPFWLzYX8M

Great book! Never thought of including my cruise cards!

If anyone else is interested feel free to let me know....I have 10 available! You can't be a shutterfly member already or you can open a second acct with a different email.

Kristin, If you still have 1, I'd love to try a book - I do regular scrapbooking, never done digital before. Thanks!

Archived