Thoughts on Vision

twinsaj

Looking to take a cruise out of Galveston in late 2017 and saw that Vision will be there doing 4 and 5 day itineraries. Looks like we could get a suite for a great price. We have only had balconies on other cruises so that is tempting. Any thoughts on the ship would be appreciated. Does anyone know if it is getting upgrades??? The trip is for my me and my DH for a special birthday. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking to take a cruise out of Galveston in late 2017 and saw that Vision will be there doing 4 and 5 day itineraries. Looks like we could get a suite for a great price. We have only had balconies on other cruises so that is tempting. Any thoughts on the ship would be appreciated. Does anyone know if it is getting upgrades??? The trip is for my me and my DH for a special birthday. Thanks!!

We love the Vision class ships. They are the smallest RCI choices now so other ships have more to offer while on board but you will not be board. We sailed out of Galveston on Splendour and Rhapsody many times and enjoyed every minute. IMHO a suite at a good price will not disappoint. Enjoy :)

I just got off Vision today, it definitely doesn't look like a 19 year old ship on the interior, modern and well maintained for the most part. The various Centrum shows/events are great and very enjoyable as well as the theatre shows. Everything felt very friendly and I felt like I got to know more of the crew (including the Captain, he was very friendly and happy to 'get out there') than I otherwise would have on one of the bigger ships so it's a nice class to go on every so often.

We love the Vision class ships. They are the smallest RCI choices now so other ships have more to offer while on board but you will not be board. We sailed out of Galveston on Splendour and Rhapsody many times and enjoyed every minute. IMHO a suite at a good price will not disappoint. Enjoy :)

I agree. A suite makes cruising more enjoyable.:)

Thanks all for the responses. Glad it is well maintained. I wonder if it is having any updates for the next year? How was the pool area?? Specialty restaurants?? The suite is what's drawing me to it!!! Would be a real treat!

Thanks all for the responses. Glad it is well maintained. I wonder if it is having any updates for the next year? How was the pool area?? Specialty restaurants?? The suite is what's drawing me to it!!! Would be a real treat!

Vision isn't going into dry dock again anytime soon at least so I don't assume it'll get anything major anytime soon.

Pool area was pretty standard, one pool with four hot tubs and then the Solarium with a pool and two hot tubs. Main pool was quite packed most days so there was no chance of swimming properly but the Solarium's had quite a bit of room most of the time however was often much colder than the main pool, sometimes the main pool was lovely and warm, some days it was freezing so seems they heat it some days and not others but most people probably preferred it being cooler due to the hot weather.

Edited by cuddylier

Not sure when her next dry dock is, but Vision received plenty of upgrades during her last refurbishment a few years ago when they added specialty restaurants, bars, poolside movie screen, updated the centrum, and more.

As mentioned by others, she is in fine shape. Don't worry too much about updates.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I think it depends on what you're into and what other ships you've done in the past. We love the big ships and the Radiance class. We did Vision a couple of years ago (it was also our first RCCL ship ever like 13 years ago!) and were bored the whole time and really didn't enjoy it much. On the other hand we really enjoyed our time on Monarch before she was retired, so I don't know if it was ship specific or what.

My daughter and I were on Vision in August of 2014 for a 5 day out of FLL to Rotan and Cozumel. We loved her. Very easy to get around. We had an outside on deck 3 and it was an easy stair climb everywhere. She is much more intimate than the larger ships and her crew is wonderful. Pool does get a little crowded but if you don't to sit pool side you can always find a chair somewhere.

We are really just into relaxing on our cruises We love to hang on our balcony and at the pool. Hoping getting a chair won't be a problem with reserved suite chairs. Like going to the bars and specialty restaurants. We really don't care about the shows too much. How does it compare to the Liberty? If we went on that we would only have a standard balcony not a suite. Btw DH and I are in our early 50s.

We are really just into relaxing on our cruises We love to hang on our balcony and at the pool. Hoping getting a chair won't be a problem with reserved suite chairs. Like going to the bars and specialty restaurants. We really don't care about the shows too much. How does it compare to the Liberty? If we went on that we would only have a standard balcony not a suite. Btw DH and I are in our early 50s.

We just got off Vision a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time. We also had a suite and the Concierge, MJ. was great. One thing is that on this class of ship, they do not reserve chairs by the pool.

I agree thought price for suites is great on this ship, just wish they did longer cruises

We were onVision 3years ago for Christmas and really loved it....the Captian was a female and she was all over the ship and so friendly.

That would be Capt Lis Lauritzen, I think she's on Jewel nowadays. We were on Vision with her for a 17dy TA, before there was any specialty dining offered and we were in a small Inside ! Still, we rank that as one of our very best trips:)

Vision coming to Galveston is great news, I just wish Royal would offer something more than the same old 4/5 day cruises on her - show some imagination, what a concept!

Edited by pspercy

I agree thought price for suites is great on this ship, just wish they did longer cruises

We are booked on the Vision next year (August) for a 16 night TA from Copenhagen, Denmark, Norway, Shetland islands, Iceland, Newfoundland and into New York. Love the Vision! :)