PORT MIAMI: How are You getting from the airport to port/or hotel

Wndrwomn

We were set to rent a car post cruise until we saw the craziness that is Miami traffic. We cancelled the car and did a carnival excursion to Everglades then back to FLL. To get to our port of Miami hotel we used Go! Transportation. We chose a private car with meet and greet at baggage. We were going to use a taxi but Go! Wasn't that much more. It was really nice and felt a bit like a rock star. :)

You do not want to rent a car - Miami traffic is horrible and parking is expensive; most downtown hotels charge guests $25-30+/night to park their car.

Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $25+ and another $12+ cab will get you to POM the next day.

Carnival has shuttles, Jamileau? What is the cost?

As for renting a car, I will follow you guyses advice! I'm a NYC Native and the *last* thing I want to do is sit in traffic in an area I know nothing about!

Ok! Now on to decide which is the best choice in shuttle/cab service! I will look up Go!

Carnival has shuttles, Jamileau? What is the cost?

As for renting a car, I will follow you guyses advice! I'm a NYC Native and the *last* thing I want to do is sit in traffic in an area I know nothing about!

Ok! Now on to decide which is the best choice in shuttle/cab service! I will look up Go!

Sorry - I misread your post and understand you are asking about flying into FLL but staying in Miami close to POM. Correct? :confused:

Cruise line shuttles will not help you - they run the day of the cruise from the airport to the port; plus they are expensive and slow. :(

Check for shared shuttle service from SAS, QLS, MJS, GO Airport and others often suggested on these boards. Fares start at about $15 per person, but your options will shrink and prices will rise the later in the day you arrive at FLL.

Private car service from FLL to Miami is available form Larry's Limos, Go Airport and Holland Limo. A taxi from FLL to downtown Miami hotels will run about $75-80+ on the meter. You can also check for UBER options from FLL.

Once you get to your downtown Miami hotel you will be about a $12-13+ cab ride from POM.

Shared shuttle service from POM back to FLL is easy to book - same suggested providers. Good luck! :)

Possibly flying into Ft Lsuderdale and trying to figure out how to get to a hotel close to Port Miami.

Thinking of just renting a car despite the close proximity.

Any comments on your itinerary are appreciated!

We have used SAS Shuttle for years. It costs $15 pp. Reservations can be made at ridesas.com.

We have used SAS Shuttle for years. It costs $15 pp. Reservations can be made at ridesas.com.

We have as well. When we fly into FLL and stay in Miami we just make sure the hotel we are booking is one SAS will drop you off at before we book it. They will take you to downtown Miami hotels, but not to South Beach hotels. For the day of the cruise we use a taxi to the port.

Taking a limo from FLL to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. 9 days later having the limo pick us up at POM and head back to FLL. I don't do shuttles. Too much waiting and stops in between. Limo goes when I want it to. No stress, no fuss. Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

I thought I read somewhere where Uber cannot get into Port of Miami pickup area. Not sure where I read that. If so, that could make that mode inconvenient. Gerry. Update: Post # 58 and 61 in "UBER is back in Ft. Lauderdale" refers to the port issues. Maybe it isn't that big an issue. Just FYI.

Edited by buckeye rob

Couple of years ago we flew into FLL and got free shuttle to comfort suites in ft Lauderdale. Next morning we got either SAS or QLS (can't remember which) to pick us up and take to Miami port. After cruise they picked up at port. We were staying extra night so we went back to hotel and then hotel shuttle to FLL next morning. But the service would have taken us direct port to airport if we had wanted. Very easy and much cheaper than a Miami hotel.