Legend and Spirit farewell season

Emperor Norton

Seabourns site finally has something up for the Legend and Spirits farewell season. Sadly currently its just functioning as a link to their special offer page. For the Pride it took you to a special page that listed all the remaining sailings as well as the special crew that would be on board.

Thanks--- hopefully they will post more info so that those of us on the final Legend cruise know what they have planned. As I recall when you were on the final Pride cruise you felt the ending was rather anticlimactic. I do hope as well as special crew members they have planned something to make this final small ship cruise especially memorable.i recently received a hint that Erik Anderssen will be back but I don't want to get my hopes up. Also when I saw David E. In September he indicated that he would be on the cruise not as CD but as a special guest performer. Any other crew rumors ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry I won't have the chance to meet you. While I hope you have wonderful final Legend cruise I do hope you leave some champagne for those of who board in Barcelona after your disembarkation.

Sorry I won't have the chance to meet you. While I hope you have wonderful final Legend cruise I do hope you leave some champagne for those of who board in Barcelona after your disembarkation.

The NF Champagne will be safe from me:D

That reminds me, anyone recall seeing Bollinger on board?

Bourbon and Belvedere (or good beer) OTOH I make no guarantees;)

Edited by Emperor Norton

I was looking at the last trip on the Legend in the crib 3/15. Do you think this will be OK as the ship is leaving the fleet. This would be my first Seaborn trip and I was wondering about the shows at night.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

The cruise itself will be fine (or better specifically because the ship is leaving the fleet. For Pride they brought out the A+ Hotel Manager and crew). From the same cruise last year on the Pride I noticed that the passengers were for the most part skewing far younger in age than the 'typical' Seabourn passengers. The Restaurant wasn't open for lunch:mad: The deck parties seemed to have more attendance and spirit. I'm not really a fan of shows on ships I usually retire to the Club to chat with the bartenders/passengers and people watch.

Edited by Emperor Norton

I was looking at the last trip on the Legend in the crib 3/15. Do you think this will be OK as the ship is leaving the fleet. This would be my first Seaborn trip and I was wondering about the shows at night.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

If you are looking for large ship type productions then SB isnt for you. There is certainly not lots of emphasis on the line being particularly show orientated. Looking at the lines you have tried, even taking EUropa 2 into account, you may find the shows disappointing. They are good quality, but not of long duration or high scale.

There is always a show in the lounge after dinner (unless theres a rock the boat or similar party in which case the show is on deck). The Club always has music/dancing after dinner tho passenger participation for the dancing seems to be hit or miss.

Edited by Emperor Norton

And on top of that there is often a classical or flamenco guitarist playing to usually less than a half dozen passengers up in the tea lounge . On the little ships this usually our favorite post dinner venue -- it is almost a like private concert.

Must admit I call it the tea lounge because I can never remember, depending which little ship I am on, if it is the Horizon, Constellation or Midnight Sun Lounge so since it is the lounge where afternoon tea is served I have just taken to calling it the " tea " lounge.

Must admit I call it the tea lounge because I can never remember, depending which little ship I am on, if it is the Horizon, Constellation or Midnight Sun Lounge so since it is the lounge where afternoon tea is served I have just taken to calling it the " tea " lounge.

Uh oh, I'm going to have to relearn my terminology? It's not the Constellation lounge that was on the Pride, I'm guessing the show lounge also has a different name? Is the Club still the club?

Sorry to break the new but yes,on the Legend the show lounge is called the King Olav , on the Spirit the A,undue , and the Pride Magellan

Glad I am not the only one who cannot remember the names - we always call the show lounge the 'theatre', and the top front lounge the 'observation lounge'. Thank goodness our generally favourite venue pre-dinner is just 'The Club'.:) (And we can remember even less after a few drinkies there).

The 'Legend's' final voyage - Captain Pedder told me he will be aboard, Simon Gillespie

will be the CD. David Green will be the Guest Entertainer (back to where he started)

with regard to the Entertainment - whenever there is an entertainer in the show lounge

or a show of any kind there is NO music in the Club at all. The only thing open is the

bar - this applies to the 'Spirit' as well.

Apparently any kind of music in the club has to wait till the other show is over before

they can start.

We left the 'Legend' two weeks ago after another great cruise and we are expecting the final

voyage to be just as good.