Newbuild Nbr 29 "little" Voyager of the seas

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to say I love your models. I have loved cruise ships and model ships ever since I was a young boy. Cruise ships do have a elegance to them even though people think they are ugly hotels on the water. How for many years I have dreamed of building one of Royals ships. So wished that they would come out with a line of plastic detailed models for the general market such as Revell of Germany has done. I am currently working on a 1/250 paper model of the Horizon. I would love to see more pics of your ships. I would love to see more of Splendor as I have been on her twice. One last question, were can you get detailed floor plans that I see in some of theirs? I could spend hours looking at them. Thanks again for bringing two of my loves together crusie ships and models.

Edited by scifimodelfan

Hi Jim, Thanks for the message, I share your thoughts on models and cruise ships. I actually got part of the plans from the Voyager of the Seas, meaning exactely those I needed for the model.

Last weekend was the canal run again. I have been looking forward to that day for quite a while. It was nice and sunny, but there was so much wind, I did not dare to take the Voyager as she is very wind sensitive. I prepared 2 models to go and see on the spot which one to take.

I just posted another utube from last year, where the weather was perfect. here it is;

I have built a model of a fisher 25, an English type boat in scale 1/10 so it is +/-2 feet long. I made that one because it is kinda cute and small so I can throw it in the trunk at any time as where the Voyager is quite a haul. My brother's Splendour was also there, it is lower than the Voyager and less wind sensitive so he took the chalenge.

The canal run is 2x 3.5 kilometers long and halfway there were serious waves. Not so bad for the Splendour, but the little Fisher had to work hard, that is why it looks so wet. By the end of the day the wind calmed down and so did the waves so I mounted the camera again.

It was a fun day.

Still in the process of investigating the model Oasis of the Seas.....

John

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi John,

Absolutely great work!

In fact, you have inspired me to look into ship-building again, and I have been planning and drawing a bit now. Please allow me to ask something:

What is the height of the balcony decks? I have tried to scale the standard living room height down, but it does not seam to quite fit..

Best regards,

Robert, Denmark

Hi,

I think the balcony hight is about 25mm, but I am not sure. I am travelling right now but I will see to it when I come back home. I did not understand your question completely, but Iassume you mean the hight difference between each deck .

If you PM me your email address, that might be a bit easier, and I can post you pictures easier.

Hi John,

Yes, it is the deck height that I am looking for, so I can estimate the rest from that. :-)

I can't find the PM function, maybe I'm too new to have this function yet? This is my second posting..

Best regards,

Robert

Hi,

I think the balcony hight is about 25mm, but I am not sure. I am travelling right now but I will see to it when I come back home. I did not understand your question completely, but Iassume you mean the hight difference between each deck .

If you PM me your email address, that might be a bit easier, and I can post you pictures easier.

Hi John,

Yes, it is the deck height that I am looking for, so I can estimate the rest from that. :-)

I can't find the PM function, maybe I'm too new to have this function yet? This is my second posting..

Best regards,

Robert

Hi guys.

There is no PM on CC. If you want to contact each other one of you will have to post your email address.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Holidays now, and I am trying to relax a bit.

It has been almost a year but I took te model Voyager out of the box again, and I see it needs to return to the model shipyard. Not only for a cleaning, but the paint I used for the Viking crown and radar mast became a bit yellow. Very stange, it was a new can but the same brand Levis. The Voyager was the last model I built using paint brushes as I only use spray paint now for way better results. I also noticed RCI has added a new restaurant on top of the bridge. Sorry to say, it does not look good at all, and I will not make this change to the model.

So I will paint those parts again, and the model needs another cleaning. Sad how it always sits in a box.

But I want to take it to the lake again one of these days, and make some more video.

Iwas shocked to see the utube video "RC voyager of the seas" has been seen almost 150000 times, OMG!!!!!!

But Ihave further news on model cruise ships. Someone was so kind to send me the plans for the Disney cruise ships (first generation) which I always wanted to make. I have to complete some other things first but very likely I wil start another thread with "little disney Wonder" and start all over again.

John

John, please let us know here when you are to start the Disney ship. I would like to follow your build on the Disney boards. Hopefully the painting goes perfectly.

Enjoy your holidays.

Andrew

... I also noticed RCI has added a new restaurant on top of the bridge. Sorry to say, it does not look good at all, and I will not make this change to the model....

Those are new staterooms on deck 12 on top of the bridge, and I agree that your model looks much better!

I'd love to see an oasis too, but that might not happen.

I do not have the plans, and I think I will never be able to get it stable on the water unless an ugly ballast is used.

But honestly the most important reason...I think I will go crazy to make a couple hundred of terrasse doors, dividers, and balkonies....

Jan

I'd love to see an oasis too, but that might not happen.

I do not have the plans, and I think I will never be able to get it stable on the water unless an ugly ballast is used.

But honestly the most important reason...I think I will go crazy to make a couple hundred of terrasse doors, dividers, and balkonies....

Jan

Go on. You know you want to! [emoji6]

Hi everyone.

Holidays now, and I am trying to relax a bit.

It has been almost a year but I took te model Voyager out of the box again, and I see it needs to return to the model shipyard. Not only for a cleaning, but the paint I used for the Viking crown and radar mast became a bit yellow. Very stange, it was a new can but the same brand Levis. The Voyager was the last model I built using paint brushes as I only use spray paint now for way better results. I also noticed RCI has added a new restaurant on top of the bridge. Sorry to say, it does not look good at all, and I will not make this change to the model.

So I will paint those parts again, and the model needs another cleaning. Sad how it always sits in a box.

But I want to take it to the lake again one of these days, and make some more video.

Iwas shocked to see the utube video "RC voyager of the seas" has been seen almost 150000 times, OMG!!!!!!

But Ihave further news on model cruise ships. Someone was so kind to send me the plans for the Disney cruise ships (first generation) which I always wanted to make. I have to complete some other things first but very likely I wil start another thread with "little disney Wonder" and start all over again.

John

I would love to see what you would do with the Disney Wonder! At present, Disney is the cruise line we have sailed on the most. However, should you decide to do the Oasis, I'd love to see that, too, since she is the ship we are sailing on next. Actually, I'm fascinated with your work, and will follow whatever ship you decide to build! :D

• 1 year later...

Hello Everybody.

In almost 2 years I have built a model yacht. Quite big as I usually do. I'm quite proud of the result, but I cannot get rid of a vibration from the axels. But up tp to the next...

But I took the Voyager out of the box too, 2 weeks ago I took it to the lake again.

But now finaly it is time for a refurbishement. I want to repaint the model, spraypaint this time. Iwill also replace the rollerskate track at the rear and install the flowrider, but not those cabins above the bridge. Furthermore I'll see what else needs some touching up.

I will start very soon, and I'll post pictures as I go along.

Regard from Belgium,

Jan

20160402_150258.jpg.f890616cc616b629f7f83501fa0dd34a.jpg

20161009_164651-1.jpg.fe29ce84e469a5181107079a447f5549.jpg

Hello Everybody.

In almost 2 years I have built a model yacht. Quite big as I usually do. I'm quite proud of the result, but I cannot get rid of a vibration from the axels. But up tp to the next...

But I took the Voyager out of the box too, 2 weeks ago I took it to the lake again.

But now finaly it is time for a refurbishement. I want to repaint the model, spraypaint this time. Iwill also replace the rollerskate track at the rear and install the flowrider, but not those cabins above the bridge. Furthermore I'll see what else needs some touching up.

Regard from Belgium,

Jan

Great to hear from you again! Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Thanks again!

Hello Everybody.

Regard from Belgium,

Jan

Love your yacht! Thanks for sharing it. I'm very impressed that you are taking your Voyager in for it's own version of a drydock! :D

Litle drydock.... funny.

She'll get new rudders, new stabilizors and I need tp find a leak in the mid compartment.

New paint, and some electronics updates.

I will remove the kids pool by a flow rider too.

For those of you who did not see this before here is a utube film of the little Voyager in action.