Which would you choose?

Departing from Miami or Port Canaveral? Looking at two cruises, and as far as I'm concerned all other factors are similar, or irrelevant to me. This is the one that might make a difference.

Thanks

The air travel and air costs would be the factor for me.

If similar, I did not like Miami airport, so I would go with Port Canaveral.

Departing from Miami or Port Canaveral? Looking at two cruises, and as far as I'm concerned all other factors are similar, or irrelevant to me. This is the one that might make a difference.

Thanks

Unless you are really interested in seeing the space center, or you want to combine a trip to Disney, I would go with Miami for the convenience of are travel and getting to the ship.

Thanks

If having to fly , MIA airport is only a short taxi ride just minutes away from the cruise port.

VS

Having to rent a car or book a shuttle for an hour ride from Orlando Airport and than having to do the same on return.

If having to fly , MIA airport is only a short taxi ride just minutes away from the cruise port.

VS

Having to rent a car or book a shuttle for an hour ride from Orlando Airport and than having to do the same on return.

Good point, I was thinking this also.

Good point, I was thinking this also.

Sailing out of Port Canaveral is not that big of a deal at all. We will be sailing from there for the fourth time next month.

It is a 45 minute easy ride to the port. We book a one way rental car so we can do a few last minute errands prior to boarding. After the cruise, we either get another rental car or book a shuttle.

If everything else is equal as far as these two cruises, I would look at flights and transportation and go with the cheapest.

Sailing out of Port Canaveral is not that big of a deal at all. We will be sailing from there for the fourth time next month.

It is a 45 minute easy ride to the port. We book a one way rental car so we can do a few last minute errands prior to boarding. After the cruise, we either get another rental car or book a shuttle.

If everything else is equal as far as these two cruises, I would look at flights and transportation and go with the cheapest.

Ok, thanks. I think I will check the price of flights today and see what that brings. :)

Another vote for Port Canaveral. Easy drive, relaxed, non-crowded, reasonably priced area around the port. Our experience with MIA has been lots and lots of walking in the airport, just to get to your bags.

This is interesting. Some think PC is a pain, others think it's a breeze. Oh no!! :)

I found flights are cheaper to Miami for the dates that I'm interested in. The cheapest actually being Southwest to FLL. But then I would need a cab to Port of Miami. Probably spending whatever I saved on airfare.

MIA is so close to the port that we've actually flown in the morning of a cruise before :eek: ... It's really not an option out of PC because of the hour (or more) trip to port.

Haha!! I know that's a big no-no, but I do it all the time. :eek:

This is interesting. Some think PC is a pain, others think it's a breeze. Oh no!! :)

I found flights are cheaper to Miami for the dates that I'm interested in. The cheapest actually being Southwest to FLL. But then I would need a cab to Port of Miami. Probably spending whatever I saved on airfare.

You can get to the Miami port EASY from FLL. SAS Shuttle for $15. Don't take a cab. If FLL is substantially cheaper than flying into Miami, that's what I would do. I fly Southwest whenever possible though.

I live in Ft Lauderdale and would drive to PC over Miami any day. I was very excited when they moved the Enchantment to PC. No more Majesty or Miami for me.

Wow, isn't that about a 3 hour drive?

Wow, isn't that about a 3 hour drive?

Yes it is a 3 hour drive but I avoid Miami at all cost. My son went to UCF in Orlando so the drive is that bad. Quick shot up I 95 to the 528 and we are there.:rolleyes:

Oh, please tell me your opinions on this. Should I choose Enchantment at PC?

We really enjoyed the Enchantment. I felt that it was nice and comfortable. The staff was great. They have a lot going on in the centrum area at different times of the day and the upgrades were great

We really enjoyed the Enchantment. I felt that it was nice and comfortable. The staff was great. They have a lot going on in the centrum area at different times of the day and the upgrades were great

I love the Enchantment also, never been on Majesty.

Archived