Going from terminal 5 to 3 how difficult

mafiadon

:eek:We are traveling with another couple and flying into FCO, we will be coming into Terminal 3 and they will be coming in to Terminal 5. I have a transfer picking us up at terminal 3 so my question is will my friends have to go through security twice, once at Ter. 5 and again at Ter. 3 in order from them to get to baggage claim and out the door where our transfer company is waiting for us. Also is it difficult to find the shuttle to take them to terminal 3 from 5. I just need to be able to tell them what to do so they don't get lost and not know where to go. Thanks for any help. Linda

So would they be getting their luggage at terminal 3 and not terminal 5, I hate to sound dumb but I just don't know the answers to give them. If they don't pick up their luggage until they reach terminal 3 that would be so much better.

So would they be getting their luggage at terminal 3 and not terminal 5, I hate to sound dumb but I just don't know the answers to give them. If they don't pick up their luggage until they reach terminal 3 that would be so much better.

That is my understanding, yes. They will pick up their luggage at Terminal 3, and clear Immigration and Customs as needed.

Terminal 5 is used for processing departures only to the US and to Israel. There are NO actual arrivals OR departures at Terminal 5.

If you are departing as per above (to US or Israel) you check-in, hand over your luggage and go through security. Then you board a bus to your actual departure gate which is NOT in Terminal 5.

Why do your friends think they are arriving at T5? There are ways to check where their flight usually arrives.

Because the website says that US Air arrives at terminal 5 here is where it states that on the list of airlines and what I read in the post about FCO on here it said that all flights to and from US will be at terminal 5. I don't know I am

really confused, sorry.

http://www.airwise.com/airports/europe/rome_fco/airlines.html

Edited by mafiadon

I can understand your confusion. Even the official Fiumicino site has T5 for all US/Israeli airlines. You have to dig a little deeper. Go to the "realtime flights" tab and look at the flights you will be taking. It will show where they landed today. That won't change.

the official site and the "which Terminal":

https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-which-terminal

go the flights page and hit on "realtime" to look where they land.

(use "tutti le fasce" for "all times")

I put in "CLT" (for Charlotte) since I know that's one of the US air departure locations for Rome. It showed it debarking at T3.

From there, browse that site to find a good spot to meet up with your friends!

Hi. I am the friend in the above mentioned posts. Thank you all for your comments. Slider girl, thanks for that site. I went to that and entered info. It does show flights from CLT ARRIVING AT T 3. More than likely, that's where we will come in. This will make it so much easier to meet up with our friends.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I just returned from Rome. Prior to our trip, I had asked questions about "terminal 5". We had heard and read various posts regarding going there first. I thought I'd post our experience and hopefully in the future no one else will have a concern.

It is as a few people reported. Terminal 5 is a processing center for Flights returning to US and Israel. You must go there first to go through security. They give you a bag to put all electronics in: Cell phone, e-books, cameras, Chargers and cords. Make sure devices are charged so that you can turn off and on if they ask. Passports are checked. From there you go to another area to check bags. You then get on a shuttle bus that takes you to Terminal 3 (Short ride) from where all flights depart. Usually one departs from gate G or H.

It was not difficult - just not knowing what to expect!

• 2 weeks later...

Left on 10-7 for Dulles. Our driver would not take us to T5. Had to unload luggage, get on a jam-packed shuttle and move from T3 to T5. After clearing immigration and security we went back to T3. Process was difficult for most as luggage homeward bound was more than we started with. Never found out if cabs etc. can drive to T5!

Left on 10-7 for Dulles. Our driver would not take us to T5. Had to unload luggage, get on a jam-packed shuttle and move from T3 to T5. After clearing immigration and security we went back to T3. Process was difficult for most as luggage homeward bound was more than we started with. Never found out if cabs etc. can drive to T5!

Things like this are a big part of the reason why I never travel in Europe with anything more than my 25" Osprey Sojourn convertible roller/backpack and one of my daypacks!!!! Makes processes like these easy-peasy…

I've honestly never heard of car services/taxis not able to unload at T5. You must have had a cranky driver or someone who did not understand about T5 and how US flights gotta start there...

I've been dropped off by cab drivers many times at T5. Unless there was some temporary issue, your driver should not have had any problem doing this.