Embarkation at Fort Lauderdale - looking for wine

Groliv

Hi everyone,

We'll be flying in same day as cruise sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.

Is there somewhere closeby that we could buy bottles of wine that we can bring onboard? Thanks!

There are duty free shops in the airport.

There are duty free shops in the airport.

Duty Free shops are only for outgoing international passengers. The biggest and best wine store in Fort Lauderdale - Total Wine and More - is between the airport and the Eisenhower Blvd entrance to Port Everglades in the Harbor Shops shopping center off 17th Street. You can order on line and your wine will be waiting for you to pick up thus saving time and money (assuming that the meter is running on a cab). http://www.totalwine.com/store-info/florida-fort-lauderdale/904

Duty Free shops are only for outgoing international passengers. The biggest and best wine store in Fort Lauderdale - Total Wine and More - is between the airport and the Eisenhower Blvd entrance to Port Everglades in the Harbor Shops shopping center off 17th Street. You can order on line and your wine will be waiting for you to pick up thus saving time and money (assuming that the meter is running on a cab). http://www.totalwine.com/store-info/florida-fort-lauderdale/904

as noted above, this is a very nice wine store ... we have stayed at the Embassy suites several time pre-cruise, and I believe this is the wine store in the little shopping area near that hotel ... very close to the port as well

as noted above, this is a very nice wine store ... we have stayed at the Embassy suites several time pre-cruise, and I believe this is the wine store in the little shopping area near that hotel ... very close to the port as well

Yes, Total Wine is behind the Embassy Suites and very close to Hyatt Place too.

Depending on where you're staying in Ft. Lauderdale and your taste in wine, you can take a cab or walk to any Publix grocery store.

Roz

I hope you were watching Southwest fares. Yesterday they dropped to $39, but today they are back up to $49. Hey...$20 is $20!

Saving money on airfare frees up more money for wine? :D Lido, no, I didn't see the price dip. Will check but I'm OK with what I have now. Thanks for the heads up.

Roz