Define hump in relation to the cabin please?

sapphiregem

The hump is the "bump out" section on some Royal Caribbean ships. It is usually near the middle of the ship, but the bigger ships Oasis and Allure of the Seas have two humps on each side. On some of the ships, the balcony cabins are larger, but not all. Many people like hump cabins because they feel they are conveniently located. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Can someone explain to me what hump means when you are talking about the cabin location? I can't for the life of me figure this one out. And is that good or bad??

Thank you

"Hump" cabins are the cabins on the HUMP or BUMP that sticks out a bit..kinda like a curve on the ships like the Oasis, Allure, Freedom Of The Seas, Celebrity Solstice class, and others..IMO, they are THEE best balcony cabins ( of the standard ones, NOT suites) because they stick out a bit and give you unobstructed & fabulous views of the aft ( back) and bow ( forward)..I try & get them every time we cruise!!! Hope that answers your question..

Big Al

Look at the deck plans...it's more visible there. Not all ships have a "hump".. On some ships, but not all!, the balcony is larger than some of the other side cabins. The "hump" is usually midship and near stairs and elevators. Some folks like the view since they poke out a bit more than other cabins.

All in all, there are no "cons" to a hump cabin.

Can someone explain to me what hump means when you are talking about the cabin location? I can't for the life of me figure this one out. And is that good or bad??

Thank you

The "hump" is a section of the ship that sticks out from the rest of the ship. Lots of ship have this, however, I have only seen the term used when describing the Royal Caribbean ships. Not all Royal Caribbean ships have a hump. The Radiance, Voyager, Freedom & Oasis class ships have a hump.

Humps on the Allure of the Seas ...

AllureDSC_8239_zps5de31dac.jpg

The view from the Mariner of the Seas balcony on the hump (#7620) ...

DSC_0476_zps2257e395.jpg

The hump cabins on the Navigator of the Seas (the green dot is my cabin # 9614) ...

ae9614K_zps4612d499.jpg

The balcony (9614 is a JS) ...

ae9614H_zps260ce29b.jpg

ae9614I_zps943e923a.jpg

The view forward from 9614 ...

aiASII_zps6ee0ab94.jpg

Because the balconies stick out a bit from the ship, they offer a little more privacy and a better view. However, that better view is limited to forward or backward, depending on which way the balcony opening faces.