$200 of Future Cruise Credits instead of $100?

pmd98052

I was on the Crown two weeks ago and put in the form for 1 future cruise credit for the cabin (and marked 1 cabin, 1 person on the form). I was expecting a $100 charge. Just noticed my CC was charged $200.

Is that expected? Aside from getting 2 x $25 onboard credit next cruise is there any benefit from having 2 x $100 Future Cruise credits given the only real reason I bought one was for the reduce deposit it gives you (and the 1 x $25)....

I was on the Crown two weeks ago and put in the form for 1 future cruise credit for the cabin (and marked 1 cabin, 1 person on the form). I was expecting a $100 charge. Just noticed my CC was charged $200.

Is that expected? Aside from getting 2 x $25 onboard credit next cruise is there any benefit from having 2 x $100 Future Cruise credits given the only real reason I bought one was for the reduce deposit it gives you (and the 1 x $25)....

You can only use 1 per person per time. Just call Princess, they will refund the other or just keep it and book 2 cruises :D .

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I think they usually see $200 requests for couples and they tend to just push them through. Once, I asked for 3 FCC's for one person which would equal $300. I got 3 FCC's: 2 for $100 and 1 for $200. I just applied the $200 to a cruise and it reduced my final payment by $200. I didn't get any additional OBC, of course. On my last cruise, I asked for 3 FCC's which would equal $300. I got 1 for $100. My best results have been when I fill out separate requests instead of requesting more than one on a single form. BTW, I know I could have called Princess to correct it, but I just let it go. I'll try to buy some more on my next cruise. I like to keep some extras on hand just in case I decide to book more than one cruise at a time.

Thanks I'll call and get a refund on one of them then. I thought i might be missing some advantage. Thanks for the help!

Were there two people in the cabin?

Form may have been interpreted as being a request for one FCC for each person.

You should have received an e-mail with the FCCs attached. See if they both have the same name.

I think they usually see $200 requests for couples and they tend to just push them through. Once, I asked for 3 FCC's for one person which would equal $300. I got 3 FCC's: 2 for $100 and 1 for $200. I just applied the $200 to a cruise and it reduced my final payment by $200.

I have never seen an FCC in US$ with a value other than $100. I am surprised you had one for $200.

Thanks I'll call and get a refund on one of them then. I thought i might be missing some advantage. Thanks for the help!

Before you call, remember you need two FCC to book a cabin for two people. One in each persons name. Check the names. If you have one in each persons name, that's probably what you want.

Before you call, remember you need two FCC to book a cabin for two people. One in each persons name. Check the names. If you have one in each persons name, that's probably what you want.

I have been able to book a cabin with only one fcc for two people. The other person just does not get any obc.