Gem Amenities in Room?

cpl100

NCL used to provide #cough #cough - shower caps and shoes polish cloth, pen & note pads/stationary for writing, among other items - even in the basic stateroom categories (in the good old "Sea" & "Dawn" days)

Over the course of 11 nights & 9 standard but different properties - we got the following free (and, replenished the next day by housekeeping) - toothbrush & toothpaste, single use razor & shaving cream, Q-tips & cotton balls, shower caps, polish cloth, comb, premium shampoo/conditioner, liquid soap, hand lotion, pair of disposable slippers, shoe horn and sewing kit - staying with land-based Asia hotels. We also free use of clean bath robes on 3 nights - every one of them provided 2 bottles of drinking water daily, complimentary at no charge plus instant coffee & tea setup with the sugar/creamer setup - getting spoiled once again ... expectations and the "standard" level of amenities are different these days on NCL at sea (Haven, aside ...)

It made for our air travel so much easier - not having to worry about those 3-1-1 ziplock bags, tossed all the liquid items and checked our 22" carry-ons with the airline. Several of the hotels had coin-operated guest laundry on site and even provided "free" detergent to use - the only items we needed to call & ask for, if & when we needed to use an iron with the board, and, housekeeping would bring promptly bring them on request.

But, no chocolate mints on the bed in the evening - one had a set of mini sized pineappled cake, seal wrapped as complimentary welcome ... tradeoff that we could lived with.

• 2 months later...

I am trying to fly with just one bag. On the Gem Dec. 13...inside cabin so far. (cruising single........so I have to pay double) I do not want to pack my robe. Will I find one in my humble cabin. How can I get one if its not provided. Any tips. Many thanks, Barbara

I am trying to fly with just one bag. On the Gem Dec. 13...inside cabin so far. (cruising single........so I have to pay double) I do not want to pack my robe. Will I find one in my humble cabin. How can I get one if its not provided. Any tips. Many thanks, Barbara

I asked for one and the steward got it.