Tropical storm (potentialy hurricane) Erika

teampayne

Breeze, Fascination, Valor Itinerary changes:

Update #3 - 8/28/2015 - 8:00 PM

At Carnival, the safety of our guests and crew is our number one concern. Rest assured, our ships will be operating at a safe distance from Tropical Storm Erika.

Due to the forecasted path of the storm, we are forced to modify the below itineraries for the Carnival Breeze, Carnival Fascination, and Carnival Valor departing on Saturday, August 29th.

Carnival Fascination departing from Jacksonville will not be able to call on Half Moon Cay. The ship will have an extended call in Nassau on Tuesday, September 1 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and then proceed to Freeport on Wednesday, September 2 from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

Can't see any reason with the new info on the storm that the Fascination has to skip HMC. The storm will be well to the west and it should not have any affect the sea conditions. I'd be pissed having to spend an extended stay in Nassau and miss HMC.

Edited by esdoorn

Wow, it took a sharp turn north overnight. That can be good and bad. If there's enough of it left over it could re-develope and track right over Bahamas or just continue to dissipate and get carried out to sea from the easterly flow but will still cause a rainy event over Bahamas.

Edited by Jeepenfun

Can't see any reason with the new info on the storm that the Fascination has to skip HMC. The storm will be well to the west and it should not have any affect the sea conditions. I'd be pissed having to spend an extended stay in Nassau and miss HMC.

How could you know this? From your vast experience in meteorology and oceanography and years of experience operating 70,000+ ton ships?

I'm sure they'll take the safest course of action. It would be irresponsible and negligent to do otherwise.

HMC is a tender port correct? If the seas are a bit rockin and rollin, any anchored cruise ship can drift and cause damage to the surrounding reefs. This has happened on more than one occasion and in more than one island.

The cruise ship line has to pay major fines if this occurs. Of course, they cite passenger safety as their major concern.

I'm on the breeze....

We just got the announcement from the captain- we are going back to our original itinerary! Whooohooo!

Yeah i'm watching you guys on cam now. just cleared the harbor. NW Getaway in the lead then you guys and then Glory.

Edited by Jeepenfun

So close I can taste it! Day after tomorrow is looking good t set sail :D Just sad that its a 5 nighter and not 7 :( oh well, cant wait to experience Carnival for the first time3

Yep, it's looking better! :) I think this would be a good cruise for a first-time Carnival cruiser. We (should) get a stop at Half Moon Cay and the ship has some good 2.0 features like Guy's Burgers and BlueIguana. :D

We're on the Conquest Monday too!!...We almost pulled out on Friday because one of us is coming from the UK and didn't want to get stuck at an airport unable to get into FLL and miss the ship, etc...So glad we didn't cancel now.

And fingers double-crossed we are able to stop at HMC as I've reserved a cabana as a surprise for my friend. :)

We're on the Conquest Monday too!!...We almost pulled out on Friday because one of us is coming from the UK and didn't want to get stuck at an airport unable to get into FLL and miss the ship, etc...So glad we didn't cancel now.

And fingers double-crossed we are able to stop at HMC as I've reserved a cabana as a surprise for my friend. :)

We're on the Conquest right now and despite Danny and Erika, the crew has done a great job keeping things fun with the itinerary being totally screwed up. The ship has super smooth too.

You'll enjoy the Conquest, the CD is fun and the bands playing the lobby are really talented!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I knew that wave that moved off the coast of Africa yesterday would turn TS fast. It showed signs of tropical organization and circulation before it was even completely off shore. Its now named Fred but projections is that is going to continue to drift northwest out into the middle of the Atlantic and not bother anyone. I don't think I've ever seen a TS form that fast or that close to the coast of Africa before. Cap Verde islands are in its path though.

Fred better not screw up my cruise! Leaving on the 6th, Pride out of Baltimore. The way I see it, he messes with the Caribbean, I may get an upgrade from Nassau and Freeport. If he makes further north, may end up on a Canadian cruise, never did that before. Better yet, our cruise could get extended a day or 2, than it's "Thank You Fred".