Tropical storm (potentialy hurricane) Erika

teampayne

If your leaving Saturday you should be ok. It's a really big if that storm even gets close to Florida by then. Cruise ships will never be in port when a hurricane or tropical storm hits. They will load up passengers and leave to get out of the way of the storm. They can out run the storm and go in a different direction out of the storms path. ....

This was not accurate during Hurricane Sandy. We sat at the dock in Boston for two days. We were joined by the Caribbean Princess that was supposed to be going back to New York. The off going passengers were offered departures out of Boston or they were bussed back to NY in the same vehicles that brought a boatload of NY passengers who then departed late from Boston.

This should turn people who need to plan everything into a tizzy.

It already is....where am I going??????? lol Glad I didn't pre-pay for an AI already or I'd be freaking out about needing to cancel plans in addition to possibly making new ones....:eek:

We are due to board the Sunshine on Saturday and I'm getting increasingly worried about this http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at5.shtml?5-daynl#contents.Any advice or words of wisdom greatly received.

I am also booked on the Sunshine for Saturday. I called Carnival and they will text with a text alert if there are any changes to our itinerary.:eek:

This should turn people who need to plan everything into a tizzy.

Nobody seems to be in a tizzy yet. People are having a good time. I'm a planner but I have unlimited internet and travel insurance so no worries [emoji3]

We board on 11 september so we are keeping an eye on the next one that is brewing. Really not much we can do about it. I would love to go to Aruba, Curacao but I will be on vacation and as long as the ships sails I will be happy wherever it goes.

It is the chance we take when booking at the height of hurricane season.

Enjoy your cruise!!

We're on this sailing too! Couldn't agree more but hope we do make it down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app7

We are in the same boat. Flying to Cocoa Beach Thursday to board the Sunshine on Saturday. I hope the current sailing can get back on time for us to leave Saturday. Sigh......Will watch here for updates the next few days.

Sharon

Given the above, perhaps you should not schedule during hurricane season. :confused:

Rather agree with you and don't think you intended it in an ugly way... nor do I.

People who book during hurricane/tropical storm season (especially Aug., Sept., Oct) need to be flexible. If not knowing If, When, or Where the cruise will actually go is causing anxiety ... it is not a good time of year to schedule a cruise. :)

LuLu

Lovetocruise - I'm on that sailing and live in central Florida (Umatilla), too. Are you on the rollcall for that cruise and/or the BOOK place site Carnival Valor 8/29/2015? I'm also wondering if they might just reverse the order of our ports and go around Jamaica. Time will tell.

Mary

I live in Umatilla too!

We just cancelled St. Maarten and St. Kitts and will overnight on San Juan and then perhaps go to Nassau or half moon cay depending on the weather

Sorry your ports got cancelled. Those are two good ones too. What day would you be in Nassau or HMC?

Edited by erby2283

We're on the Sunshine departing Port Canaveral on the 29th! Keepinv the fingers crossed no change in itinerary, but safety is first!

We are on this sailing too. My only hope is that we go Somewhere! As long as we can get on the ship on Saturday - I'll be fine with any or no ports! Cheers will become more economical!

I keep thinking Carnival stands to lose a good amount of money if the cruise gets cancelled, so they will do everything possible to get us on and keep us out of harm's way.

My biggest fear is flying into Orlando on Thursday and being marooned there for two weeks until my flight back to NY on 9/9 if conditions deteriorate.

Lovetocruise - I'm on that sailing and live in central Florida (Umatilla), too. Are you on the rollcall for that cruise and/or the BOOK place site Carnival Valor 8/29/2015? I'm also wondering if they might just reverse the order of our ports and go around Jamaica. Time will tell.

Mary

Just had to say hi Mary! My husbands family live in Umatilla and he graduated from UHS. We live in Tavares now. It's fun seeing people on here that live right down the road :D