The Verandah on Queen Elizabeth

KornishKruiser

Most definitely worth the extra, we went for my birthday and found both the food and service to be excellent. They even did a special menu for my b-i-l who is coeliac and birthday cake for us all to share. We'll certainly dine there again on our cruise in December. Enjoy !

Is it worth it if one is in the Grilles - Or can one get the same food upstairs?

On our recent QE trip to the Black Sea, two of our table companions from the QG tried The Verandah. They felt that it wasn't worth the supplement when compared to the QG. This is, of course, their opinion and not mine. Other opinions are available.

I would highly recommend the Verandah, In my opinion it is better than the Todd English on the QM2.

Is it worth the extra cost ...... well in my opinion yes.

I have traveled in Queens Grill on both the QE and QM2 and the food was wonderful on both. However in my opinion the extra cost to eat at the verandah was worth it.

Would I pay to eat in the Todd English again ....... No not when I'm in the grills, but I WOULD pay to eat in the Verandah.

We were on the QE Black Sea cruise a few weeks ago and had one dinner in the Verandah. It was outstanding, superb food and superb service. It was worth every penny of the supplement. I'd go back for dinner in a minute.

We have been on QM2 6 times and have never dined in Todd English. We find nothing interesting on the menu.

We always did T/E even if we were in the Grills. Just liked the intimacy of Todd English.

Yes, I like looking out onto the pool deck at the smokers and those i swimsuits scratching their nether regions apparently oblivious to their unwitting audience, the cellulite on display goes so well with some of the entrees.

Yes, I like looking out onto the pool deck at the smokers and those i swimsuits scratching their nether regions apparently oblivious to their unwitting audience, the cellulite on display goes so well with some of the entrees.

Uhh, that's why we book it at dinner. We did do lunch a few years back. We were outside in a roped off dining area. We had these annoying pax(certain folk from the continent,always a pain)who kept walking by us in wet suites,brushing against us(on purpose)actually going through the rope divider(a shortcut?)Finally I backed my chair up as if I was leaving & knocked one of these clods into a table setup. Needless to say they stayed outside the rope after that! An attendant had quite a group of these pax kicked off the Queens Grill terrace & threatened with security when they refused to leave.

Hi,

I am sailing aboard the Queen Elizabeth in a few weeks and plan on trying the Verandah. Is it a set price (for example, $30) like Todd English on the QM2, or are the items on the menu priced separately like a restaurant? Does the menu differ much between lunch and dinner?

Thanks,

Chuck

Does the Verandah have a complimentary lunch for Diamond World Club members?

I have eaten in TE several times, but last time did not have goos service or food, only two tables being occupied and I was one of those dining solo! Agree looking out onto that pool area is not the best of scenery.

Hope someone does an extended review of Verandah and its menu, have been on QV but of course that is still TE as on QM2.

Hi,

I am sailing aboard the Queen Elizabeth in a few weeks and plan on trying the Verandah. Is it a set price (for example, $30) like Todd English on the QM2, or are the items on the menu priced separately like a restaurant? Does the menu differ much between lunch and dinner?

Thanks,

Chuck

No, it is priced by the course. But the majority of appetizers and deserts are $6 and mains about $18. So it will come to +/-$30, a couple of bucks more if you order foie gras.

I paid $30 in a couple of Celebrity specialty restaurants last year and they just pale in comparison to the quality of the Verandah. In addition to your 3 paid courses they will serve you a delectable amuse bouche, a sorbet, and superb petit fours.

Sorry, I don't remember the difference between lunch and dinner. We just had a superb dinner.

Can you make reservations in advance on their website? How hard is it to get reservations once you're aboard the ship? Is there a limit to how many times per cruise someone can dine in there? (Going on QE next week!!)

Jimsgirl ~ Yes, Diamond Members do get a free lunch in The Verandah. You get an invitation to make a reservation in your cabin and take the invitation with you when you dine.

Lakelodge ~ Reservations ahead of time are not available on the website but it's very easy to make a reservation once you are on board. You could see if they are open for reservations the day you board or the next day before lunch. I don't recall a limit on dining there several times but maybe someone else on these boards can answer that or you can ask in person. When we were on the ship there wasn't a very big crowd for lunch and that was wonderful too. It's a lovely, unhurried, peaceful place as well as the fine food and service.

Here are the menus:

Lunch:

http://beyondships.com/files/QE_verandah_lunch.PDF

Dinner:

http://beyondships.com/files/QE_verandah_dinner.PDF

I seem to recall that you can have a set "taster meal" for a set price of $35, otherwise it's a la carte.

As others have said, it's superb and well worth the extra cost - enjoy!

Here are the menus:

Lunch:

http://beyondships.com/files/QE_verandah_lunch.PDF

Dinner:

http://beyondships.com/files/QE_verandah_dinner.PDF

I seem to recall that you can have a set "taster meal" for a set price of $35, otherwise it's a la carte.

As others have said, it's superb and well worth the extra cost - enjoy!

Thank you so much for posting these, they are an improvement on Todd English on QM2,I will most certainly go there for lunch one day. I also think that the restaurent is in a better locale than the TE on QM2, looking out to the poolside onto all those bulgy bodies quite puts one off eating.!

Can you make reservations in advance on their website? How hard is it to get reservations once you're aboard the ship? Is there a limit to how many times per cruise someone can dine in there? (Going on QE next week!!)

Its not difficult to get reservations on board. I told our head waiter in the Britannia Club that we wanted to have a dinner in Verandah. She let me look at the next 4 nights menus in BC and I picked the night that had a less appealing menu than others in BC. She made the reservation in Verandah. I don't think there's any limit on how often you can go.

Archived