Are there taxis at the pier?

dolfinmusic

I am getting married in Key West and am going to a salon to get hair done prior to the wedding. We are coming in on NCL. Do they normally have a few taxis waiting at the pier or should I call beforehand? Trying to save time.

Thanks!!

It would be safer to call a cab, for example Five-Sixes which is easy to remember ---> http://keywesttaxi.com/

Tell the dispatcher that you will be in front of the Custom's House, the big, red brick building just off the docks.

Pjk

You'll be one of 3 ships in port that day and yes, you'll be on the Outer Mole pier...the least desirable of piers. Unfortunately, you'll have to board a trolley/conch train to get from the pier to downtown. From there, you can get a taxi. Hopefully this process doesn't eat up too much of your time. Congrats on your wedding! :)

You'll be one of 3 ships in port that day and yes, you'll be on the Outer Mole pier...the least desirable of piers. Unfortunately, you'll have to board a trolley/conch train to get from the pier to downtown. From there, you can get a taxi. Hopefully this process doesn't eat up too much of your time. Congrats on your wedding! :)

So a taxi will not come to that pier?

Thank you for the congratulations :)

So a taxi will not come to that pier?

Thank you for the congratulations :)

I don't think so because there is a police checkpoint to get out on that pier. That's because it's Navy property.

However, it doesn't hurt to ask. I recommend calling the taxi companies and asking. Tell them your situation and be sure to tell them you'll be on the Mole Pier. See if you can arrange a taxi to pick you up.

One company was previously mentioned, but also try Maxi Taxi since they use vans...305-296-2222.

Good luck. :)

Ohhhh, so I guess we are not in the same dock that we were last year. Crappers. Last year we docked where the statues were - can't think of the name of the museum. lol.

This info is really helpful!!! Thank you so much! Now I am kind of worried though since I have no clue about timing and the trolley :eek:

Edited by dolfinmusic

If I do take whatever it is that comes to get us at the ship - trolley or whatever - where does that drop us off at?

Thank you all so much for this info!!! I would have been in for a shock if I just thought we docked where we did last year!!!

Ohhhh, so I guess we are not in the same dock that we were last year. Crappers. Last year we docked where the statues were - can't think of the name of the museum. lol.

This info is really helpful!!! Thank you so much! Now I am kind of worried though since I have no clue about timing and the trolley :eek:

Yeah, that was the Westin Dock (Pier B). If you remember that dock that was behind you guys, separated from your dock by a small bay, that's the dock you'll be on this time.

If I do take whatever it is that comes to get us at the ship - trolley or whatever - where does that drop us off at?

Thank you all so much for this info!!! I would have been in for a shock if I just thought we docked where we did last year!!!

It drops you off on Front St, between Whitehead and Fitzpatrick. If you remember where the shiprwreck historium was located near your ship last year, that's where you will be dropped off. It's near the aquarium and Clinton Square Mall.

Just curious....where are you taking a taxi to? I only ask becuase it might be walkable.

Edited by Aquahound

thank you for the info!

It is 513 Fleming Street. I wouldn't mind walking it if it wasn't super hot and humid. Not sure how bad it will be in 3 weeks. We were there last year in mid-Oct and it was so very hot, I remember sweating very much. So I will be going to the salon already showered for the wedding, don't want to be a stinky bride! lol

thank you for the info!

It is 513 Fleming Street. I wouldn't mind walking it if it wasn't super hot and humid. Not sure how bad it will be in 3 weeks. We were there last year in mid-Oct and it was so very hot, I remember sweating very much. So I will be going to the salon already showered for the wedding, don't want to be a stinky bride! lol

Oh, ok. That's about a 4.5 block walk from the trolly drop off. Definitely doable but if it's humid, I can understand why a bride would rather ride than walk. Good luck! :)

Oh, ok. That's about a 4.5 block walk from the trolly drop off. Definitely doable but if it's humid, I can understand why a bride would rather ride than walk. Good luck! :)

Yes and I am a slowwwwww walker and I will sweat like a pig too! lol!

Thank you again to everyone for all your help :)

I am getting married in Key West and am going to a salon to get hair done prior to the wedding. We are coming in on NCL. Do they normally have a few taxis waiting at the pier or should I call beforehand? Trying to save time.

Thanks!!

wow Terri-- getting married in Key West how exciting..

congrats.

Ok reporting back

We were there Sat no taxis at the dock only the trolleys into town...drop off at Mallory square

Not sure if you could request to get off outside the base gates no one did on our trolley

Even the Navy guys walked out but no civilians allowed to walk in/out

So I guess you are stuck with the trolley out & grab a taxi from Mallory square

It was stinking hot Sat & the boat races were on so lots of people & traffic

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding

Lyn

Ok reporting back

We were there Sat no taxis at the dock only the trolleys into town...drop off at Mallory square

Not sure if you could request to get off outside the base gates no one did on our trolley

Even the Navy guys walked out but no civilians allowed to walk in/out

So I guess you are stuck with the trolley out & grab a taxi from Mallory square

It was stinking hot Sat & the boat races were on so lots of people & traffic

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding

Lyn

Thank you, thank you for the great info!!!!! The wedding has been moved to 3pm now so it gives me some extra time and less stress!!!! :D

Yes the trolleys are open; but I wouldn't say they are windy since they move pretty slow.

Mike:)

I agree

I think the one we were on had a window you could roll up

they also had the Dotto train type which is open all over

Thank you so much! I hope it doesn't rain, at least not on the way back. I need to stop stressing. lol. You can't stop Mother Nature :eek::)

Deep breaths

you will be fine

Enjoy the special day

Lyn