Set Sail Pass-- We're Platinum, but kids are listed as gold?

ekatiel

I was under the impression that our kids (as long as they are under 18) assume whatever crown and anchor level we are, but I just printed our set sail pass, and it has us listed as Platinum and the kids listed as gold. My 10 year old DS was looking forward to having a platinum card (dumb, I know, but he's excited about it). Did I misunderstand how the program works, or should the kids be listed as platinum (this is their second cruise on Royal, but obviously, DH and I have sailed more)? Thanks for any input.

I was under the impression that our kids (as long as they are under 18) assume whatever crown and anchor level we are, but I just printed our set sail pass, and it has us listed as Platinum and the kids listed as gold. My 10 year old DS was looking forward to having a platinum card (dumb, I know, but he's excited about it). Did I misunderstand how the program works, or should the kids be listed as platinum (this is their second cruise on Royal, but obviously, DH and I have sailed more)? Thanks for any input.

Site says all levels except pinnacle:

Same member status as the parent after your child's first completed cruise.

They should be platinum. Call C&A at 800-526-9723.

BTW your Seapass card is not platinum in colour but just has the word platinum written on it.

Should a teenager's Seapass card say the C&A level on it? That wasn't the case on our last cruise in June and I was just curious, but the level was printed on the SetSail pass. Or is it because they are under 18?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Should a teenager's Seapass card say the C&A level on it? That wasn't the case on our last cruise in June and I was just curious, but the level was printed on the SetSail pass. Or is it because they are under 18?

Our kids C&A level has always been printed on their Seapass cards. Our last cruise was last March so who knows maybe that has changed.

I called and got it all sorted out. Somehow the kids were not linked to DH and I. Weird.

Don't be surprised if they don't stay linked. After 25 cruises with RCL, my C&A number and DW's became unlinked. When they re-linked them I mysteriously got a new birth date and shaved 20 years off my age. When they fixed that DW suddenly has two cruises to different parts of the Caribbean on two different ships that overlap midcruise posted to her account.

I think RCL's IT staff minored in weird in college.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My one son (21yo)is Diamond but the other (25)is still Emerald(if that is the one before Diamond). They have both sailed on the exact same cruises. My husband and I are Diamond and have sailed a few times without the boys. I want to call C&A to check on the difference but am afraid they have mistakenly given my younger son Diamond and may downgrade him if I bring it to their attention. Does any have any experience with?

My one son (21yo)is Diamond but the other (25)is still Emerald(if that is the one before Diamond). They have both sailed on the exact same cruises. My husband and I are Diamond and have sailed a few times without the boys. I want to call C&A to check on the difference but am afraid they have mistakenly given my younger son Diamond and may downgrade him if I bring it to their attention. Does any have any experience with?

Your children should have the level you had on the day they turned 18. After they turn 18, they keep that level, but are no longer linked to you, so their next level upgrade is based on their own points. So if you were Diamond when your younger som turned 18, then his level is correct.

Royal does state that they reserve the right to adjust someone's level if they find the level was improperly given.

You can see if he qualified by looking at the date you turned D. Was he under 18? Then he should be D too.

Otherwise, I wouldn't call.

The C&A level is printed on a kids´ Seapass card too. It doesn´t matter whether it´s an own status of the kid or "inherited" from the parents.

The Seapass card has the same color as everyone elses. Silver cards are for Junior Suite guests, gold cards for Suite guests and Pinnacle.

It´s just the word "Gold", "Platinum", "Emerald", "Diamond" or "Diamond Plus" which is written on the bottom of the card.

steamboats

I have just printed my Set Sail Pass for an upcoming cruise. I do no see C&A status anywhere on the Set Sail Pass.

The C&A level is normally a small abbreviation in the right side of the rectangular box that encloses your name.

I have just printed my Set Sail Pass for an upcoming cruise. I do no see C&A status anywhere on the Set Sail Pass.

Correction; I went back and checked the Set Sail Pass on line and it does show us as Platinum. For some reason my printer did not pick that up.

A recent experience with printing my set sail pass... I had completed all the input, then selected to print luggage tags. The luggage tags printed properly with my CA status, I then printed the set sail. It printed fine, but without the CA status. I closed it all out and went back in to the page where it said ready to print, I printed another set sail pass and the CA status was indicated.

A recent experience with printing my set sail pass... I had completed all the input, then selected to print luggage tags. The luggage tags printed properly with my CA status, I then printed the set sail. It printed fine, but without the CA status. I closed it all out and went back in to the page where it said ready to print, I printed another set sail pass and the CA status was indicated.

I've had the same exact problem. I initially thought it was an IE/Firefox issue, because I got a good printout with Firefox. Turned out IE also worked later in the day.

If RCL changed the kids status to Platinum and it's all sorted out that's great but it's not clear to me that RCL was in error. The official policy is that the kids need to sail with the parent at the new C&A level to get the new status. The OP indicated that they have sailed without the kids and if the kids did not sail with the OP after they reahed Platinum that would be in agreement with the policy.

If RCL changed the kids status to Platinum and it's all sorted out that's great but it's not clear to me that RCL was in error. The official policy is that the kids need to sail with the parent at the new C&A level to get the new status. The OP indicated that they have sailed without the kids and if the kids did not sail with the OP after they reahed Platinum that would be in agreement with the policy.

After the minor sails once you can get them a C&A number and link them to your account. Then they should have your level.

Don't be surprised if they don't stay linked. After 25 cruises with RCL, my C&A number and DW's became unlinked. When they re-linked them I mysteriously got a new birth date and shaved 20 years off my age. When they fixed that DW suddenly has two cruises to different parts of the Caribbean on two different ships that overlap midcruise posted to her account.

I think RCL's IT staff minored in weird in college.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've had this happen several times with my husband and I. We were on a back-to-back and his record didn't get updated at all. Mine only showed the first cruise. Then, after I went with my bff this past July/August, his didn't get updated again.

My son was on hold for 30 minutes a few days ago trying to get his wife linked back up with his account, and he finally did an online chat with C&A. They fixed him up in a few minutes.

Just gotta check your accounts after every cruise.

I agree about the weird thing. My husband calls it "hiring the C students".

I've had this happen several times with my husband and I. We were on a back-to-back and his record didn't get updated at all. Mine only showed the first cruise. Then, after I went with my bff this past July/August, his didn't get updated again.

My son was on hold for 30 minutes a few days ago trying to get his wife linked back up with his account, and he finally did an online chat with C&A. They fixed him up in a few minutes.

Just gotta check your accounts after every cruise.

I agree about the weird thing. My husband calls it "hiring the C students".

Hiring the 'C' students would be a huge upgrade for Royal.

After the minor sails once you can get them a C&A number and link them to your account. Then they should have your level.

The children do not automatically get your level when you reach a new level. The children need to sail with you to have your new level.