Express pass -computer glitch--

Jetswdo

Just FYI----Celebrity site has not been working right since Sat-- People are not able to access Express Pass from My Celebrity----Rep at Celebrity was very apologetic and said they have been inundated with callers with the same problem-- their tech dept supposedly will have it fixed by Friday this week. Rep said just to bring booking confirmation papers and expect a longer time to check in at pier. Also if you can't get your luggage tags to just get paper with cabin number, class, sailing date and tape all over your luggage. Hopefully the problem will get cleared up in a few days.

I have learned that with Celebrity, as soon as Edocs and luggage tags are made available, to take care of that business, due to the constant web site issues--not a good idea to leave this to the last minute. JMHO

No need to make your own luggage tags either, just have a porter affix them at the pier.

Fortunately online check in isn't as important with cruising as with airlines, all of it can be easily done at the piers, I've gone without once with a very last minute booking, didn't seem to take any extra time at check in.

I'm having the same issue. I leave on Saturday. Hopefully will have the opportunity to print on Friday if the functionality is restored. Thank you for the information.

Has anyone ever had their Xpress Pass e-mailed to them by Celebrity or their TA under similar circumstances?

Don't worry. We are not able to do the express pass because of a unique computer glitch and we went without it a month ago. No problem whatsoever. I wouldn't even say the absence of the pass slowed them down. Enjoy your cruise.

Don't worry. We are not able to do the express pass because of a unique computer glitch and we went without it a month ago. No problem whatsoever. I wouldn't even say the absence of the pass slowed them down. Enjoy your cruise.

We didn't have ours for our Sept cruise from Venice. Unfortunately, there was a real 'jobsworth' on duty, who made us take a number and told us in no uncertain terms to not even approach a counter before the number was called. We queried this as we were booked into Aqua and there was no queue there, whereas there was a VERY long regular line. She was having none of it! Told us we would have to wait like everyone else. We had a drink and then when her back was turned approached another person and explained the problem. Told not an issue and to go straight to the AQ desk! Turned out there was no problem at all, just one very bad tempered employee on duty.

My Celebrity working this AM (used Internet Explorer)

As stated, not a huge hassle if you can't get your Online Check In / Express Pass done before you sail (we went thru this on a Cruise where we were doing a land holiday prior to our Sailing... And never got it done)

As long as you have your Passport & copy of your Paid Up Cruise Invoice the Port Authorities will let you into the Port / Terminals area

Outside the Termninal, tell the Porters you have no luggage tags... They'll give you a set of the sticky type. Then you just have to write in your Surname & Cabin Number.

At the Check In Desk in lieu of the Express Pass (Boarding Pass) you will need your Paid Up Cruise Invoice (that shows your Reservation Number) - Your Passport - and whatever Credit Card you wish to have your onboard expenses filed to. The Clerk will print off the Cruise Agreement / Express Pass... And have you sign the Credit Card form (the latter is what everyone signs when they check in)

Then you will be good to go (total time delay less than 10 minutes vs someone showing up Express Pass in hand)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with website issues. I had to book the bevvy package over the phone because the site failed to complete it twice. The representative I spoke with had one suggestion for looking at the reservations -- she said to just enter the site via "already booked?" *instead* of the "my celebrity sign-in." Just a suggestion to try.

Another issue I've had is that info I entered disappears the next time I check -- i.e., I know I filled in the emergency contact but then it was gone. Is that happening to anyone else?

Due to the issues with the bev package, we haven't tried to enter our on-board expense account yet. Does anyone know if that can be done over the phone? Or, is it possible to do it when we check in? Or would that just asking for a mega delay?

Thanks for the reassurance that I don't have to have an e-doc printed for boarding since they can do it at the pier. I'll try and print it but my office computer uses Chrome. If I can't print it, is it adequate to have the e-mail from my TA that shows we paid in full and shows our reservation number? I saw it discussed about but just want to be totally sure!! I'm getting a bit confused with the various layers of stuff and don't want to miss a piece of paperwork! Also ... I can tell I'm preaching to the choir but it's frustrating that they don't have a better-maintained site. Sounds like the ship has excellent service so hopefully that will help us to forget these internet woes!

Thanks!! Can't wait to sail on the 22nd!!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with website issues. I had to book the bevvy package over the phone because the site failed to complete it twice. The representative I spoke with had one suggestion for looking at the reservations -- she said to just enter the site via "already booked?" *instead* of the "my celebrity sign-in." Just a suggestion to try.

Another issue I've had is that info I entered disappears the next time I check -- i.e., I know I filled in the emergency contact but then it was gone. Is that happening to anyone else?

Due to the issues with the bev package, we haven't tried to enter our on-board expense account yet. Does anyone know if that can be done over the phone? Or, is it possible to do it when we check in? Or would that just asking for a mega delay?

Thanks for the reassurance that I don't have to have an e-doc printed for boarding since they can do it at the pier. I'll try and print it but my office computer uses Chrome. If I can't print it, is it adequate to have the e-mail from my TA that shows we paid in full and shows our reservation number? I saw it discussed about but just want to be totally sure!! I'm getting a bit confused with the various layers of stuff and don't want to miss a piece of paperwork! Also ... I can tell I'm preaching to the choir but it's frustrating that they don't have a better-maintained site. Sounds like the ship has excellent service so hopefully that will help us to forget these internet woes!

Thanks!! Can't wait to sail on the 22nd!!

Hi ARGOSYBOSTON,

FYI, you can have a Phone Rep help you fill out your On-Line Registration if you are having Computer / Website Issues. (This info is actually mentioned on the Online Check In Pgs... "Having Problems / Questions Call Us")

To do your online Check In online or by phone you will need to have at your fingertips:

1- Celebrity Reservation #

2- Passport or other Approved US Re-Entry Document

3- Contact Info for those Cruising (including their Captain's Club Numbers)

4- Emergency Contact Info (must be someone not on the cruise)

5- Info for Payment of Onboard Account (Credit Card, Debit Card, etc)

Celebrity will give you options in regard to your Express Pass & EDocs. You can print off on your own (FREE). Or they can do it and then send you the complete Pkg including Luggage Tags ($35).

Otherwise, you can just make do (see my Reply # 12 above) til you get to the Pier... porter can do Luggage Tags, and Check In Clerk will do up your Express Pass / Boarding Pass.

Note - If you are Cdn or American you can order FREE sticker Luggage Tags as long as it is 11 Days or more before E-Day.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

The representative I spoke with had one suggestion for looking at the reservations -- she said to just enter the site via "already booked?" *instead* of the "my celebrity sign-in."

Doesn´t help to print XPress Pass. I´ve been trying since Dec 5th at least 3 times per day that way. "We´re improving the website and will be back soon." So if they work at the website for more than a week, why do they send emails saying "your XPress Pass is ready to be printed?".

Had to do online check in via the phone some months ago due to another website glitch. My TA was able to print my edocs for me but had to give up on the XPress Pass, too. Guess I´ll just show up for check in with my printed edocs and see what happens.

Sorry it didn't work, AntjeG. There's nothing XPress about it if we can't actually get it! :rolleyes:

Sloop, I recognized your name and see on the roll call board that we're on the same cruise! We'll see you at the bar after muster. :)

I did send away for the luggage tags last month and have those ready to go. They sent a ton of them, I told my husband that's how many bags I need to pack. Ha!

We'll round up the info we need and do it over the phone with a rep and then keep our fingers crossed. I did learn that I can't call within 20 minutes of having any of the account open on the computer; the agents say it's locked and can't access it.

Thanks everyone for the help!

You are absolutely correct. Web site has been screwed up since September 2013!!! Everyone would have been fired if I ran the company and any new hires would have 3 months to fix or they would be gone as well!! ***

Sent from my iPhone using Forums