Is it a problem that I don't know my husband's name?

Swells1

Blame it on the excitement of the moment- or maybe I’m just a fat-fingered idiot. :o I reserved our airfare a few months ago, and I was double checking our flight times last night when I realized I’d misspelled DH’s middle name. Not a huge mistake- I just transposed two letters (i.e.- Robret instead of Robert). Is this going to be an issue? I think if someone actually notices the error, it will be immediately obvious that it’s a typo, but I’d hate to be delayed…:eek:

There have been discussions of this over the years and there has been trouble with only minor typos. The rules for the government and for the airlines say that the names must match EXACTLY. We have a lot of trouble with the JR (junior) on my husband's name -- sometimes on the front and sometimes on the back with a comma (or no comma) and sometimes this is a problem. I have two sets of tickets for flights in the future. One has last nameJR and the other has first name last name, JR. Passport has the latter version.

Sorry! I hope you don't have big troubles changing it. You might try another call if you are being charged. Persistence and just keep trying until you wear them down -- it must be done ahead of time and the ticket must show the correct name. Otherwise I am afraid that DH will be left behind. Common sense is not applied.

(The reason for not taking Jr. off the passport is because so much work to do a "name change" just not worth it.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

I take students to London every year and had a similar issue a few years ago. We got to the airport and a student realized that her middle name on the ticket didn't match the spelling of her middle name on the passport (she never realized that her middle name was spelled with an E and had not included it when she enrolled on the trip). As we were at the airport already, I was terrified that it would be a problem, but it was never an issue. I was very surprised.

I can't guarantee that you will have the same luck, but hopefully it will work out! Good luck! :)

I did one better. I was making flight arrangements for my daughter and me. I thought long and hard about her last name. I filled in the info. Then I spent the next hour explaining that apparently I don't believe my daughter is married and refuse to accept that she changed her name. Yup, after giving it careful thought instead of using her married name, I used her maiden name. Thankfully the airlines took pity on my old brain (and the fact I did it right away) and changed it for me. I'm thinking there was laughter after she hung up the phone.