Things I Didn't Know - Newspaper and TV Schedule

dag144

I sailed recently on the Eurodam in a plain old (modest Verandah cabin). I was too cheap to spring for a Neptune Suite, which I really love. How they pamper you! Anyway, I went down to the front desk to ask for a NY Times. Not only did they print a copy (none in the Library at the time, but suggested and then arranged for a paper to be delivered to my cabin each morning.

Another time I asked at the front desk if I could get a TV schedule. The HAL video schedule is not too user friendly. The gal behind the counter was able to print me a week's schedule after a bit of fiddling with her computer.

Often it's little things that are helpful that one remembers. I think that the front desk staff on the HAL ships could not be nicer.

It will be the same when we join the Ryndam this Sunday for a TA. Lucky me!

Agree the front desk folks on my lines and ships are great. We have found them most helpful for a variety of situations. We often treat them to some chocolates and write a personal service note mentioning their great service.

The people at the Front desk are usually willing to that extra mile to satisfy your needs. On one cruise, I was looking for a calendar for the following year, she printed one from the computer.

I sailed recently on the Eurodam in a plain old (modest Verandah cabin). I was too cheap to spring for a Neptune Suite, which I really love. How they pamper you! Anyway, I went down to the front desk to ask for a NY Times. Not only did they print a copy (none in the Library at the time, but suggested and then arranged for a paper to be delivered to my cabin each morning.

Another time I asked at the front desk if I could get a TV schedule. The HAL video schedule is not too user friendly. The gal behind the counter was able to print me a week's schedule after a bit of fiddling with her computer.

Often it's little things that are helpful that one remembers. I think that the front desk staff on the HAL ships could not be nicer.

Another thread made it seem like a nightmare to have to deal with the front desk instead of the Neptune concierge. I have never had trouble with the front desk, glad it went well for you, too.

Thanks for posting. Will be sure to ask them for the TV schedule. Beats looking for it and then writing it down.:)

Thanks for the tips! The TV schedule is just fantastic. Last time, I got pretty frustrated waiting for the TV to show up what was gonna play at one of the movie channel like 6 hours later. And once, the on screen schedule just lagged and stayed on 3:00 PM. Would have LOVE to have a paper schedule!

We have never had a problem with the front desk. I will definitely be asking for a paper to be delivered to the room. I really enjoy reading the daily paper, but did not enjoy the scavenger hunt to find a copy that we experienced last year; there were rarely copies in the library, lido, or front desk. Or the ones that were in the lido were covered in food (gross!!). So I asked them how to get one, and they delivered for the rest of the cruise. I understand they are trying to save some money/paper, but they send me more pieces of paper with art/jewelry sales.

Probably every cruise we've had a billing error (usually individual charges for laundry when we have the package or mini-bar charges-I can't think of a single time in my life I've bought something from a mini-bar), and they have always been helpful, nice.