Airline carry on question

Fluffy62

This is not a cruise related question, but an airplane question. But the plane is taking me to a cruise so I guess technically it is! We were going to bring one of those "pill sorter" containers in our carry on with all our prescription meds, vitamins, etc. already presorted for our two week cruise on April13th. This way we would have everything all sorted for each day so there is no fishing through prescription bottles every day. Can we take this container in our carry on? I really don't want to put these in our checked luggage. Thank you everyone!

We travel frequently. This isn't a problem at all. I carry a similar one that holds a week's worth. Pack it in your carry-on. In fact, the airlines encourage you to do that so your meds are with you in case your checked luggage is..........(gasp!) lost!

Relax and enjoy your cruise!!

Sorry, posted my answer before reading the others. Sounds like you will be ok.....enjoy your cruise!!

This is not a cruise related question, but an airplane question. But the plane is taking me to a cruise so I guess technically it is! We were going to bring one of those "pill sorter" containers in our carry on with all our prescription meds, vitamins, etc. already presorted for our two week cruise on April13th. This way we would have everything all sorted for each day so there is no fishing through prescription bottles every day. Can we take this container in our carry on? I really don't want to put these in our checked luggage. Thank you everyone!

You may want to check with your local airport or TSA agency or their websites to get correct information. Not having prescription meds is something you want to chance.

We always carry our prescription meds in our carry on but they are in their original containers. Vitamins, etc are in our checkin.

Good luck.

The answers above are relating to USA DOMESTIC flights, where there is no issue of customs in crossing international borders. In fact, airlines recommend carrying medications elsewhere than in checked baggage.

For international itineraries, you have a different situation. But since you make no distinction in your post, I'll leave it at that.

The answers above are relating to USA DOMESTIC flights, where there is no issue of customs in crossing international borders. In fact, airlines recommend carrying medications elsewhere than in checked baggage.

For international itineraries, you have a different situation. But since you make no distinction in your post, I'll leave it at that.

Fluffy appears to be flying to FLL. I would only add I'd never take just the amount of meds needed for the vacation duration. What if you are stuck trying to come back? Always bring extras.

Hi, I'm a flight attendant. A few tips, you'll be fine domestically, but anytime customes are involved, you should always have the prescription/bottle with you. I don't carry my meds in their original bottle unless I am going overseas.

Be sure not to pack them with anything that can leak and spoil them. This even happened recently with my Mom, whose shampoo exploded and seeped into her pill case. Keep those liquids in plastic!

Always carry a supply of a few more days than your itinerary. You never know. And if you have a really good relationship with your doctor, it wouldn't hurt to advise them you are going to be traveling, just in case something does happen and you need to call in for an emergency prescription.

Have fun!

Archived