Cruise next certificate question

Did not realize the extension to 12/31/16, but when we made the final payments last week on b2b out of San Juan on the Gem 10/30/16, our PCC informed me so we used an additional one on each cruise, saved another $250 in the long run, paid $500 less than expected on the final payments. Glad I bought 4 of them on May 2016 cruise.

Has anyone purchased these certificates and immediately used them while on board to book a cruise the following week? Thinking of possibly purchasing them while I'm on Escape in October and then use them to book the Getaway for the following week.

I am just back from a b2b on the Escape. I bought 2 cruise next vouchers and instead of getting $100 onboard credit they had an offer that you double the voucher. They said if I book again before the end of year I can use both vouchers. The only problem is the one we are booking is only a 5 night cruise so I can't use a voucher. Looks like I will have to wait till next year

I am just back from a b2b on the Escape. I bought 2 cruise next vouchers and instead of getting $100 onboard credit they had an offer that you double the voucher. They said if I book again before the end of year I can use both vouchers. The only problem is the one we are booking is only a 5 night cruise so I can't use a voucher. Looks like I will have to wait till next year

So, if you buy 2 ($250 value each), then each one is a $500 value, making the total value $1000? And you only pay $250 for them after all is said and done?

So, if you buy 2 ($250 value each), then each one is a $500 value, making the total value $1000? And you only pay $250 for them after all is said and done?

No, means that by buying and using two you have a $500 deposit for which you paid $250.

I think so. I've already paid $500 so the voucher should now be worth $1000. 50% extra free. Just a pity I can't use it for the November cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think so. I've already paid $500 so the voucher should now be worth $1000. 50% extra free. Just a pity I can't use it for the November cruise.

Good to know. I was very pleasantly surprised this morning when I booked a cruise for next week and they let me use 2 certificates.

I'd definitely get "double value certificates" instead of OBC.

As far as your November cruise....there's always next year!

Good to know. I was very pleasantly surprised this morning when I booked a cruise for next week and they let me use 2 certificates.

I'd definitely get "double value certificates" instead of OBC.

As far as your November cruise....there's always next year!

I'm already planning a transatlantic on the getaway next year so it would be great if I could use 2 for that one. I'm really looking forward to the November cruise. It's during Thanksgiving so I'm hoping it will be extra special

No, means that by buying and using two you have a $500 deposit for which you paid $250.

I've paid $500 so I presume I am now in credit for $1000. I think I need to check this out. I'm trying to see on the My Ncl part of my website how much of a deposit I have already paid but it doesn't show the prices or how much is left to pay

Grandpa, it's PCC and that's a Personal Cruise Consultant (PCCs work at NCL). DSC is the Daily (some say discretionary) Service Charge.

Oh thanks, tell me how does one find a good PCC? When I booked this NCL cruise I just called NCL and the person who answered the phone booked it. I asked for her extension # but she didn't have one.

I'm already planning a transatlantic on the getaway next year so it would be great if I could use 2 for that one.
Keep checking the CruiseNext site. They don't always any special offer, just the usual one deposit per booking (which is already a nice deal).
I've paid $500 so I presume I am now in credit for $1000. I think I need to check this out. I'm trying to see on the My Ncl part of my website how much of a deposit I have already paid but it doesn't show the prices or how much is left to pay
You must have booked through a TA, in that case your payment info does not appear on MyNCL. Ask your TA, or check the invoices they should already have sent you.

Oh thanks, tell me how does one find a good PCC? When I booked this NCL cruise I just called NCL and the person who answered the phone booked it. I asked for her extension # but she didn't have one.

As I understand it, the people who answer the phones aren't PCCs. I see you have a cruise coming up...if you strike up a conversation with another cruiser you could ask if they have a PCC and if they're happy with him or her. If you go to the CC Meet and Greet that's a great place to find one. We're not allowed to share the names here on CC, but I don't have a PCC anyway--I've started booking with a TA who gives me OBC of about 10% of my fare. :D

Keep checking the CruiseNext site. They don't always any special offer, just the usual one deposit per booking (which is already a nice deal).

You must have booked through a TA, in that case your payment info does not appear on MyNCL. Ask your TA, or check the invoices they should already have sent you.

I booked it while onboard the ship 3 weeks ago. I booked my last one through a ta so I presume they have sent this booking to the ta aswell. I will check it out on Monday

I booked it while onboard the ship 3 weeks ago. I booked my last one through a ta so I presume they have sent this booking to the ta aswell.
Yes, that's exactly what they do. I think the name and contact info for the agent should appear somewhere in your Vacation Summary.

So I called my PCC this morning, and his voicemail indicated that he would be out of the office until Monday. Since I was afraid that the price might go back up for our December cruise by Monday, I called the toll-free #. I was advised by the gentleman who answered that my reservation wouldn't qualify for the new price (long story) and that I would have to cancel and re-book. I said that I would think about it and would call back. As luck would have it, my PCC *was* in the office, and he was able to not only get the new price for me, he applied both deposits to the same reservation in about 5 seconds. When I asked how he was able to do it, he said that I still had one free change to make on the res, which he did. Apparently, the toll-free guy didn't look closely enough at the reservation.

Long story short, he has been a pretty solid PCC (he can be a tad flighty, but he's done right by me a couple of times now). Assuming that this is OK, if anyone wants his contact info, they can email me at nosillaparc at gmail dot com.

Also, total aside, if you use your CruiseNext deposit to secure your cruise, you don't have to pay the remainder of the deposit. When we booked our cruise, myNCL showed that we still owed an $800 deposit (with final payment due in September). When I asked my PCC, he said that the CruiseNext deposit covered the full deposit amount. Nice not to have to give NCL our hard-earned cash until next month :)

Wait what? I have never heard of this. How do you know when you can use 2 of them for a booking in the same room? :confused:

We booked a NYE cruise on Escape earlier this year through a TA. Purchased 2 CruiseNext certificates while on Escape in May. I was able to apply both CruiseNext certificates to that NYE cruise even though I had booked the cruise several months ago. They told me over the phone if you're sailing anytime between now and the end of the year you can use 2 certificates. Why I was able to use them on an existing reservation, I'm not sure.....but I'm not complaining!

We booked a NYE cruise on Escape earlier this year through a TA. Purchased 2 CruiseNext certificates while on Escape in May. I was able to apply both CruiseNext certificates to that NYE cruise even though I had booked the cruise several months ago. They told me over the phone if you're sailing anytime between now and the end of the year you can use 2 certificates. Why I was able to use them on an existing reservation, I'm not sure.....but I'm not complaining!

I had used one Nextcruise as a deposit, and when I made the final payment 2 weeks ago for a November cruise I was allowed to use a second Nextcruise. So as long as you are cruising in 2016 you can use 2 per cruise right up until and including final payment.

Edited by mugtech

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Hello I am so confused about the cruise next certificates, if they are $250 to buy for each one and worth $250 how is that saving you money??? What am I missing? Thank you

They're $125 each but worth $250 each. Also you can often use two for a deposit, meaning you save $250 and have no out-of-pocket for the deposit.