Types of jewelry sold in the Market on Labadee?

Cinderellie

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember reading a post describing the different vendor areas on Labadee. I see that the three areas are Artisans Village, Artisans Market, and Artisans Showcase. Which one is the one where they don't bug you? I know there's one. I think it's in a building.

Cindy

I actually want to help stimulate the local economy by buying something made in Haiti. What kind of art do you suggest? Sounds like paintings. Not interested in jewelry, and definitely not interested in goods imported from China.

• 4 weeks later...
I actually want to help stimulate the local economy by buying something made in Haiti. What kind of art do you suggest? Sounds like paintings. Not interested in jewelry, and definitely not interested in goods imported from China.

They make wood carvings and there is something that's called Sandstone - which is supposed to be native to the island that they make into sculptures.

I don't really remember seeing anything crazy for jewelry. I will say this though the market building that's in the middle of the place is where to look at things you are able to freely look at what they have. They definitely did have a lot of nice artwork and other things.

All the stalls along the back trail they were so overly pushy with their wares. We walked along the trail and every single vendor shouted at us.

• 4 weeks later...