Which ports have paid/free port shuttle

cshellz

Marseille - Carnival shuttle to Old Port area/$17 per person on your S&S card

Livorno - Carnival shuttle to the train station/$17 per person on your S&S card

Civitavecchia - Free port shuttle from the ship to a parking lot in town, then walk to the train station

Naples - Walk right into the city

Heraklion Crete - Free port shuttle from the ship to the terminal, then walk right into town

Rhodes - Walk into town

Athens - Carnival shuttle to Plaka/$17 per person on your S&S card

Wow, those prices have gone up a lot since 2012, we paid 10 euros each in Marseilles and Livorno, and we paid in cash.

This time we have a private excursion to Florence so will be met at the ship.

Also we are travelling with friends this time so a cab in Marseilles will work out cheaper

Wow, those prices have gone up a lot since 2012, we paid 10 euros each in Marseilles and Livorno, and we paid in cash.

This time we have a private excursion to Florence so will be met at the ship.

Also we are travelling with friends this time so a cab in Marseilles will work out cheaper

They are carnivals shuttle prices

there is a free shuttle in Marseille,,not sure how good but advertised on http://www.marvellous-provence.com/travel/water/marseille-cruise-ship-port

Livorno was €5 return to the main town square

Civittavecia free shuttle bus

Dubrovnik €10 taxi to Plaka Gate

Rhodes - walk straight in

Messina - walk straight in

Marseille - Carnival shuttle to Old Port area/$17 per person on your S&S card

Livorno - Carnival shuttle to the train station/$17 per person on your S&S card

Civitavecchia - Free port shuttle from the ship to a parking lot in town, then walk to the train station

Naples - Walk right into the city

Heraklion Crete - Free port shuttle from the ship to the terminal, then walk right into town

Rhodes - Walk into town

Athens - Carnival shuttle to Plaka/$17 per person on your S&S card

Good grief! Who on their right mind pays those fees?

So for my family of 4, they want to charge me $68 from the port to the station in Livorno. This one is the most expensive DIY of the lot and the maximum a taxi would be is 25 Euros (and as low as 15) Or pay the 5 euro port shuttle and 1.5 euro bus fare.

I expect people will still pay it!

BTW - the Civitavecchia shuttle drops you off further away from the station than you started from and then have to pay a 2 euro bus ride each. Easier just to walk all the way.

In Marseille we opted for the city bus (free bus was not running due to the strike or maybe the soccer game that was there the night before). Instead of $68 we spent €14,40 RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know how often the Marseilles free shuttle bus runs?

Im struggling to find this out, the only info I can find is that it depends on the number of ships in port. There is some info saying fri - mon but its three years old so hopefully not correct.

As our plan is just to have a wonder around as my daughter wants to go the confectionary shop, there is no way Im going to pay $17 x 4.

• 2 weeks later...

just got back last week all ports had free buses i think they just dont like to tell you

only one i paid was when we shared a minibus to to the station to go to Pisa and that cost us 25euro for 6 off us

Croatia was the best laugh ships price 20 dollars each to old town taxi rank with big signs next to it that u can see from ship 13 euro a car ive u walked 200 yards out of port this became 11 we got bus from just outside port cost us 6 euro for 3

Marseilles 17 dollars each or walk couple hundred meters to roundabout free bus then a small walk on the other end to get to the harbor area on way back shared a taxi 25 euro for 5 of us

Sardinia free bus to harbor front then we got all day bus ticket 5 euros each

Barcelona we had late flight sent cases to airport with bags and go cost 15 euro per bag then shuttle bus 3 euro to city then all day metro ticket 15 euros which inc airport

corfu free shuttle to port not very far then got on local bus 5 euro all day ticket into town carnivals price 20 dollars each

Thanks for the info, though what you're describing as a laugh sounds like a rip off and shameless exploitation. Still I expect the Pom Pom wavers will claim it's justified.

You did OK for 6 of you at Livorno. Was that from the ship or from the plaza?

BTW - the Civitavecchia shuttle drops you off further away from the station than you started from and then have to pay a 2 euro bus ride each. Easier just to walk all the way.

It doesn't. It drops you by the old fort at the entrance to the port. The ship is docked about a mile from there.

From there it's an easy walk to the station - 10 minutes or so.

It doesn't. It drops you by the old fort at the entrance to the port. The ship is docked about a mile from there.

From there it's an easy walk to the station - 10 minutes or so.

Actually, they moved the drop off/pick up site to a parking lot on via Turco (across the street from the Europcar office). It's a bit farther walk now to the train station or you can take the bus.

If you arrange a private shuttle or tour this is where they will have to wait for you. We did this in June and had no problem using the free shuttle and our chartered bus to Rome meeting us.

I was there on the Aug 6th cruise and the drop-off was by the old fort. They must have changed it since June.

while on the Island Princess last year we decided to have a walk around the town. The free shuttle dropped off at the old fort and then headed to the new pick up point. I "think" not 100% sure but I think when we got it to go back we also stopped at the old fort to pick up a few people heading back to the ship.

So from what I am reading it stops at both points. Anyone wanting to go to the train station get off at the old fort as it's quite a bit further from the main stop point to get to it from there.