Bottomless Bubbles and your own mug....

roberooski

Question:

I have a Bubba Mug (I think it's 52 oz....I didn't realize how big it would be!!!). If we have Bottomless Bubbles, can they fill that mug? Do we have them fill cups and we put them in our own mug? Is there a limit to how much you can order at once?

Question:

I have a Bubba Mug (I think it's 52 oz....I didn't realize how big it would be!!!). If we have Bottomless Bubbles, can they fill that mug? Do we have them fill cups and we put them in our own mug? Is there a limit to how much you can order at once?

One soda at a time. I have had no problem asking them to fill personal mugs.

I would imagine that you can probably get it filled, but I'm not sure why you'd want that much at one time. By the time you get halfway through with it, it would not only be flat, but also watered down by the ice.

If you are getting soda directly from the bar soda spigots, they will fill the mug. We only drink caffeine-free diet coke. That is served directly from the can into our container. You will only get one can full at a time if it is a "specialty" soda. (not regular diet coke, sprite, etc.)

In my experiences, they will only serve one can at a time, but, they will let YOU fill a mug. I don't have a Bubba mug that big, but do use a large one, and I just order and empty, then order again. I ask for NO ICE, since I pour it into my ice already in the mug and it goes faster. I drink their diet soda or club soda, but always order with no ice.

I know the tip is already included on the Bubbles sticker, but I usually tip again, when they are being helpful (with extra servings) and it's busy.

Wow...52 ounces of soda....800+ calories of straight sugar. I think you may want to rethink your "mug" size. And I don't think they will fill it from the spigot drinks at the bar, even with the soda package since they have to fill a glass and then pour it into "your" container, ya know germs and all.

I'd be embarrassed to carry a 52 oz plastic "Bubba Keg" around.

Heck the whole point of the "bottomless Bubbles" program is the ability to get a fresh soda anytime you want; not carry around a tub of warm, "fizz-less", diluted sugar water.

Just my opinion.

They shouldn't be filling any personal containers. Always, the dispensing, should be into sanitized, clean containers. Then you pour that into anything you want. And, no, your personal container is never "clean". You have carried it around, scratched your nose, "rinsed it out", just drank out of it, etc etc. A hot bed for contaminating, ice scoops, spigots, not to mention the outside of the bartender's hands, who touches lemons, cherries etc.

First, like I said - I didn't know it would be that big! No need to flame me on the size of my mug. I ordered it online and didn't expect it to be that large. I don't know if I have time to get a different one at this point since my cruise leaves in a few days.

Second, if I drink soda, fitness and health "experts" don't need to chime in and tell me their opinion about calories, sugar content, etc. While I can appreciate your thoughtfulness in providing this information, it wasn't what I asked for in this thread. Had I asked, I would greatly appreciate your feedback, but in this case, I did not.

Third, I don't like to overly bother the wait staff nor do I want to have to chase anyone down either. In bringing my own mug (and Bubba's got GREAT reviews), my drink will stay colder longer (as opposed to the open cup that they FILL with ice and give you a SIP of soda) and I thought would reduce waste and energy in washing that cup.

Lastly, thank you for your information about using personal mugs, cups, etc. That makes perfect sense and I would agree about the germs, etc. Hadn't thought of that and I appreciate the input! Guess that throws out my idea of reducing waste but I'd prefer to be germ-free.

First, like I said - I didn't know it would be that big! No need to flame me on the size of my mug. I ordered it online and didn't expect it to be that large. I don't know if I have time to get a different one at this point since my cruise leaves in a few days.

Most convenience stores like Seven Eleven carry multiple size insulated drink mugs on a regular basis...and you can buy nice ones at Target or other discount stores.

I have had no problems getting a personal cup filled, actually the program used to include an insulated mug for free and it was filled without question. They always filled those also.

As for those worrying about someones intake of a certain amount of soda, if it will be flat or watered down. Indulge in something called "mind your business", do as you want but get others the same respect.

FYI...52oz will be large to lug around and they will only provide a 12oz can at a time anyway. I would go to Walmart and look in the coffee aisle for some of the double insulated metal mugs. Many will keep a drink ice cold for 6 hours or more and have auto seal lids. They are well worth the money.

Edited by ray98