How can you tell how many FTTF still available?

iloverags2

My mom might cruise with us, but still has not decided for sure. I'm tempted to just go ahead and book her room and FTTF if need be (and cancel later if need be). I have read here and on other sites where people say, "they had only 2 FTTF left" or something of the like, but cannot figure out where they are seeing this. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Go to Carnival.com then click Manage -> My Booking -> Book Excursions.

Then select the day one box or the home port name.

You should be presented with 2 choice 1 is the Port Advisory that is used to convey information that is specific to the homeport.

Click on Faster to the Fun for the full page details to come up.

On that page click the departure time, if not already sold out, a little info pop-up should appear with how many tickets are still available, a number if 9 or less or just a statement show more than 10.

As for your conundrum about booking a cabin and "excursion" for an undecided family member, all I can say is be very aware of which type of booking rate you choose. Mostly because a few rates have non-refundable deposits even if it's before the final payment date, notably Early Saver, Pack-n-Play, and any "let Carnival choose my cabin booking". If you don't have one already call Carnival and have a Personal Vacation Planner assigned to you, they can help you book by finding the fare rate with the least restrictions on cancellations or change fees to the booking. Shore excursions such as FttF will always be refunded in 10-14 business days back to the same method of payment if a booking is cancelled.

I'd go ahead and get FTTF while it's available. You can always cancel it and get your money back.

Yes to this suggestion. There is no way of telling how many FTTF's they will make available prior to the departure date (anyone who says there is must be a Carnival employee spilling corporate secrets) so buying FTTF and cancelling later if necessary is the best course..... IMO. ;)

I'd go ahead and get FTTF while it's available. You can always cancel it and get your money back.

We have three cabins (2 families). We're considering treating everyone to FTTF, but if it so happens that the other family cancels, we'll drop down to two cabins. If that happens and we've already paid for FTTF for three cabins, will Carnival just refund the third as OBC?

We might be paying for all three FTTF with Carnival gift cards. If not, then a credit card.

Hi, so FTTF hasnt sold out for my January 2018 cruise. Does that mean there are more D/P cruisers and it will be a relaxed boarding experience. Wishful thinking

Not really. The more D/P cruisers there are, the fewer FTTF slots are available. There's no way of knowing how many FTTF slots have been available for this cruise. It may have been the first set or second set or possibly even the third. It just depends on how many D/P cruisers there are. They get first crack at those benefits, then FTTF is offered.

We have three cabins (2 families). We're considering treating everyone to FTTF, but if it so happens that the other family cancels, we'll drop down to two cabins. If that happens and we've already paid for FTTF for three cabins, will Carnival just refund the third as OBC?

We might be paying for all three FTTF with Carnival gift cards. If not, then a credit card.

If you cancel, Carnival will refund the FTTF on the credit card used to pay for it, or on a gift card if that's how you paid.

I've found that the availability of the FTTF comes and goes. On one cruise, I checked nearly every day and couldn't get it. On two others it was available the day I booked. On the 4th cruise I had to check daily and after it showed up full for several months, it popped up as available so I grabbed it.