Million Dollar Quartet coming to Norwegian escape

motleyfan

as a lifelong Elvis Presley fan I am so excited to see this show. I just really hope they pick a good Elvis Tribute Artist. The greatest idea would be to pick Justin Shandor the man looks identical to Elvis presly so much so that it's scary, if you watch this video you will have to rub your eyes and look twice because you won't believe your eyes. Tell me what you think? Do you have any ideas on who should play Elvis for the rest of the cast?

as a lifelong Elvis Presley fan I am so excited to see this show. I just really hope they pick a good Elvis Tribute Artist. The greatest idea would be to pick Justin Shandor the man looks identical to Elvis presly so much so that it's scary, if you watch this video you will have to rub your eyes and look twice because you won't believe your eyes. Tell me what you think? Do you have any ideas on who should play Elvis for the rest of the cast?

Sorry it wouldn't let me do it on the first post, but this is Justin Shandor

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

From the MDQ Website: "The Tony® Award Winning musical, Million Dollar Quartet is set on December 4, 1956, when an extraordinary twist of fate brought Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley together. MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET brings that legendary December night to life with an irresistible tale of broken promises, secrets, betrayal and celebrations that is both poignant and funny. Relive the era with the smash-hit sensation featuring an incredible score of rock ‘n’ roll, gospel, R&B and country hits, performed live onstage by world-class actors and musicians. Showcased hit songs include: “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Fever,” “Walk the Line,” “Sixteen Tons,” “Who Do You Love?,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “Folsom Prison Blues,” “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On,” “Hound Dog,” and more."

I am very excited about this, as well. I am a huge fan of music from this era, and the whole history of rock 'n roll, in which these artists played a huge roll. I am looking forward to seeing this story performed.

From the MDQ Website: "The Tony® Award Winning musical, Million Dollar Quartet is set on December 4, 1956, when an extraordinary twist of fate brought Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley together. MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET brings that legendary December night to life with an irresistible tale of broken promises, secrets, betrayal and celebrations that is both poignant and funny. Relive the era with the smash-hit sensation featuring an incredible score of rock ‘n’ roll, gospel, R&B and country hits, performed live onstage by world-class actors and musicians. Showcased hit songs include: “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Fever,” “Walk the Line,” “Sixteen Tons,” “Who Do You Love?,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “Folsom Prison Blues,” “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On,” “Hound Dog,” and more."

I am very excited about this, as well. I am a huge fan of music from this era, and the whole history of rock 'n roll, in which these artists played a huge roll. I am looking forward to seeing this story performed.

I'm going to see this show on Sunday, but on dry land

As am i it's going to be great. just remember that's not exactly how the Million Dollar Quartet went down, you can buy the CD or check out the list of online songs none of the hits were saying except for hound dog. It was mostly country, gospel and rhythm and blues.

We have seen this show several time in Las Vegas and I think it is an excellent choice to please a wide variety of cruisers. In LV we get free tickets as it is at a CET property there, but I would pay to see it again. So glad to hear it will be on our January 2016 Escape cruise. Our son and his girlfriend enjoyed the Las Vegas show too so its not just for baby-boomers.

We've seen Justin Shandor perform live a number of times. While very good, he's not our favorite ETA. We'd much rather watch Joseph Hall or Cody Slaughter.

We've seen Justin Shandor perform live a number of times. While very good' date=' he's not our favorite ETA. We'd much rather watch Joseph Hall or Cody Slaughter.[/quote']

don't you think Shandor looks more like Elvis than slaughter? I've never even heard of Joseph hall

I love Million Dollar Quartet. I first saw it in Chicago and have seen it a few times in Las Vegas too. I'm a fan of Justin Shandor, I first saw him perform in Las Vegas about 15 years ago and I love him in MDQ.

Martin Kaye who plays Jerry Lee Lewis in the Las Vegas production is excellent. He used to perform in the piano bar on the Caribbean Princess and was outstanding, such a showman. That piano bar used to be packed every night to see him.

A little too ... (um, how do I say it in a PC manner?) ... "classic" for our tastes. I would prefer that shows mix "contemporary" with "classic" so there is a little something for everyone.

I tend to think the shows that try to mix things up to appeal to everyone end up appealing to few. The good news is that NCL knows they don't have to do that, since they offer so many choices of things to do. People can skip the things that don't appeal to them and still find a way to entertain themselves.

A little too ... (um, how do I say it in a PC manner?) ... "classic" for our tastes. I would prefer that shows mix "contemporary" with "classic" so there is a little something for everyone.

Really? It's Elvis freaking Presley. I am 31 years old and probably the biggest Elvis Presley fan you'll ever meet

It's OK to be a hipster and love the music of someone who died before you were born ... the world is a big place with lots of room for opinions. I was born in 1969 and this is my parent's music. I just prefer a genre that would be a little more contemporary for the big show.

It's OK to be a hipster and love the music of someone who died before you were born ... the world is a big place with lots of room for opinions. I was born in 1969 and this is my parent's music. I just prefer a genre that would be a little more contemporary for the big show.

It's even okay to love that music if you're not a hipster. It's even okay to love many different types of music from different eras and broaden horizons. There's a lot to love out there. You will hear plenty of music you enjoy on the cruise. A giant range of styles will be present. You might even hear something you've never heard before and decide you like it if you open your ears and mind a bit.

It's even okay to love that music if you're not a hipster. It's even okay to love many different types of music from different eras and broaden horizons. There's a lot to love out there. You will hear plenty of music you enjoy on the cruise. A giant range of styles will be present. You might even hear something you've never heard before and decide you like it if you open your ears and mind a bit.

To me it's all about Elvis